3D Vision-Guided Steel Plate Picking and Bending
The customer is a large construction machinery company. The traditional operation requires manual bending and feeding, which results in low work efficiency and high labor costs. Also, there is a problem that steel plate types are easy to be mistaken. Moreover, randomly-stacked steel plates tend to rust and be stained. The customer expects industrial robots and 3D vision to automate steel plate bending.
Mech-Mind AI + 3D Vision Solution
The 3D vision system identifies randomly-stacked steel plates and guides the robot to pick and load them to a specified area for bending.
1. Dual Mech-Eye LSR L industrial 3D cameras collaboration combines with advanced point cloud stitching algorithm to support large pallet/bin (3m * 1.2m)
2. Mech-Mind 3D vision system can support various complex-shaped parts;
3. The 3D vision systems can cope with complicated situations such as randomly-stacked steel plates with rust stains, etc.;
4. Intelligent path planning and collision detection algorithms guarantee stable robotic operation;
5. The production efficiency has been significantly increased, nearly doubled.
1. No human intervention is required anymore;
2. The feeding efficiency is incredibly increased, nearly doubled.