Training Offer: EMVA 1288, currrent Release - Interactive Online Training Dec 5-7, 2023
The 1288 standard of the European Machine Vision Association (EMVA) for objective camera characterization is adopted worldwide and makes it easier to compare cameras and image sensors of different vendors. In addition, the standard also evolved into an indispensable tool to shorten development cycles and improve the quality of cameras and sensors. The standard characterizes the devices strictly by physical parameters. It introduces objective criteria for the rating of sensitivity, noise, spectral sensitivity, dark current, nonuniformity, and defective pixels. A one-page standardized summary data sheet makes comparisons easy. At the end of 2020, a new and significantly extended Release 4 has come into effect. The course will incorporate all major new features of this latest release, including extended analysis of nonuniformity, non-linear (HDR) cameras, cameras with preprocessing, irradiation also through a lens, and various multimodal sensors (UV, SWIR, multispectral, polarization, time-of-flight).
Aim of Training Course
- Acquire in-depth knowledge about the foundation of the new Release 4.0 of the standard
- Gain experience with the required measuring equipment, optimum setup of the measurements, and analysis of the results.
- Understand deviations of measurements from ideal behavior
- Get a practical experience with EMVA 1288 measurements
- Learn how the standard makes camera comparison easy given a target application
- The Training offers all required knowledge to be certified as an EMVA 1288 expert (optional 90-minute online exam after the course)
Everyone with a technical background who is involved in camera development and/or testing or in need to evaluate the quality and performance of image sensors and digital cameras.
Language and Course Material
The course will be given in English; the same applies to the handouts of the slides.
Participants need to have a technical background. Basic knowledge of image sensors, digital cameras, and the EMVA 1288 standard is required. This knowledge is, for example, contained in free webinars offered by EMVA.
€ 590 for industry
€ 520 for EMVA members
€ 320 for University and research institutes
Optional examination to be certified as an EMVA 1288 expert
The examination fee of 220 € for EMVA members and 275 € for non-members will be invoiced by the EMVA. The online test in English language lasts for up to 90 minutes. Examinees may choose the most suitable time in a period of about two weeks after the course. The required level of knowledge to pass the exam successfully is taught in this course. A successfully passed expert-level exam certifies that the holder has acquired all knowledge to perform EMVA 1288 measurements successfully and that he can interpret the measurement results correctly.
This event takes place ONLINE.
You may cancel your participation in writing as follows:
- 100% refund for cancellations received 2 weeks before the beginning of the course minus probably arising bank transaction fees and 20 € cancellation fee
- 50% refund for cancellations received until 3 days before the beginning of the course
- No refund for cancellations received less than 3 days before the beginning of the course.
Replacement participants can be nominated. Relevant for compliance with the cancellation deadline is the date of receipt by the organizer AEON Verlag & Studio GmbH & Co. KG.