World’s Largest Virtual Robotics Show and Conference Runs September 8-11
Industry’s Top Experts and Leading Companies to Participate
ANN ARBOR, MI – RIA Robotics Week, the world’s largest virtual robotics show and conference, opens on Tuesday morning, September 8 and continues through Friday afternoon, September 11. The event features more than 75 leading industry experts talking about how to successfully apply robotics, the latest industry trends, promising technology breakthroughs and more.
The accompanying exhibitor showcase features 80 world-class companies including robot manufacturers, accessory equipment suppliers, and system integrators. The platform allows attendees to learn about leading products, engage in one to one discussions with company leaders and connect in live Zoom groups with exhibitors.
“We’re thrilled with the level of participation from industry leaders and experts, and believe that Robotics Week will play a major role in helping companies learn how robotics can help them solve their challenges,” said Jeff Burnstein, President of the Association for Advancing Automation (A3) and Robotic Industries Association (RIA), the organizational sponsors of Robotics Week. “One of the things I’m most excited about is that current users such as 3M, Amazon, FedEx, General Motors, and Tyson Foods will speak at the conference, sharing strategies with companies who are just beginning to explore robotics. Most current studies indicate that the global adoption of robotics will greatly accelerate when the pandemic is over, so now is the perfect time for small, medium and large companies to get ready to automate.”
Among the highlights of the week are:
- How Robotics & Automation are Transforming Industries roundtable discussion featuring leaders from FedEx, Tyson Foods, Wavemaker Labs, and Badger Technologies (September 8)
- CEO Roundtable on the State of the Global Robotics Industry featuring CEOs from ATI, Fanuc, Harmonic Drive, KUKA, and Schunk (September 9)
- A sneak-peek at the new US Robotics Roadmap from Dr. Henrik Christensen of the University of California at San Diego (September 9)
- Presentations from leading robotics start-ups such as GrayMatter Robotics, Hello Robot, Elementary Robotics,, Flexiv, Freedom Robotics and Miso Robotics (September 9) and a keynote from Damion Shelton of Agility Robotics (September 10)
- Keynotes from Tim Salaba of 3M (September 8) and Roger Phillips of General Motors (September 11) offering insights on how their companies have applied robotics and automation.
- A panel discussion on the Future of Robotics featuring executives from Sarcos Robotics, Boston Dynamics, REInvest Robotics, and Hello Robot (September 10)
- A panel discussion on Employability –How to Harness Robotic Competency for Industry 4.0 featuring leaders from the ARM Institute, NIMS, Festo Didactic, Georgia Tech, and the Miller Resource Group (September 10)
- How AI-Powered Robotics Will Change Automation featuring leaders from Amazon, Honeywell, NVIDIA and Siemens (September 11)
Registration for Robotics Week is free. All live presentations will be archived for later viewing until September 30, 2020. For complete details visit the Robotics Week website.
Platinum Sponsors of Robotics Week include ABB Inc., ATI Industrial Automation, AutoGuide Mobile Robots, Calvary Robotics, FANUC America, Fictiv, Harmonic Drive, Honeywell Intelligrated, JR Automation, Kawasaki Robotics USA, KUKA, Miller Resource Group, OnRobot, SCHUNK, and Universal Robots.
About Association for Advancing Automation (A3)
The Association for Advancing Automation is the global advocate for the benefits of automating. A3 promotes automation technologies and ideas that transform the way business is done. A3 is the umbrella group for Robotic Industries Association (RIA), AIA - Advancing Vision + Imaging, Motion Control & Motor Association (MCMA) and A3 Mexico. RIA, AIA, MCMA and A3 Mexico combined represent over 1,275 automation manufacturers, component suppliers, system integrators, end users, research groups and consulting firms from throughout the world that drive automation forward. For more information, visit: A3, RIA, AIA, MCMA, A3 Mexico.
The association hosts a number of industry-leading events, including Robotics Week (September 8-11, 2020 virtual), International Robot Safety Conference (October 6-8, 2020 virtual), Autonomous Mobile Robot Conference (October 26-27, 2020 virtual), AI & Smart Automation Conference (October 27-28, 2020 virtual), MCMA Tech Con (November 9-10, 2020 virtual), International Vision Solutions Conference (November 11-12, 2020 virtual), and the Robotic Grinding & Finishing Conference (December 2-3, 2020 in St. Paul, MN). Other events include the A3 Business Forum (February 1-3, 2021, in Orlando, FL), and the biennial Automate Show & Conference (May 17-20, 2021 in Detroit, MI).
For More Information:
Association for Advancing Automation