Ask the Experts

Published on: 02/15/2021

Last Reply on: 02/17/2021

Category: Safety

Technology: Robotics

Back to All Questions

Ask a Question

We are a canadian manufacturer of an autonomous weeding robot for the ag industry. What are the certifications we need to obtain given the fact the robot is autonomous and will be roaming the fields with no supervision? Thanks Luc Labbé, CEO Nexus Robotics 418-570-1196

2 Replies

Hokuyo Automatic USA Corporation Logo

Hello Luc, Are you referring to certifications with sensors such as LiDARS or the robot as a whole? We provide sensor solutions for autonomous robots where some require a CAT 3 Sil2 type safety requirement but others do not so it is dependent on the application. Thank you, Greg Watson Hokuyo USA

Pilz Automation Safety L.P. Logo

I suggest you turn to the standards for AGVs. I am aware of 2, EN ISO 3691-4 and ANSI/ITSDF B56.5.

Lee Burk from Pilz Automation Safety L.P. | 02/17/2021