RAD Robotic Accessory Devices Product
RAD’S Compliance Devices provide lateral and rotational motion resulting from externally applied forces. Well suited for misalignments due to inconsistent fixture locations, shifting parts & irregular part tolerances.
- Available in spring & pneumatic models from 3” to 8” diameter.
- Compensates for both lateral and rotary misalignments between parts.
- Utilizes springs or pneumatic pistons as the means of force resistance which offer greater durability than elastomers.
- Provides no compression making it ideal for applications requiring moderate insertion forces through the center line of the unit.
- Offers +- 5 degrees of rotation and +- 0.10” lateral movement for misalignments.
- Pneumatic version may be used without air for smooth compliance with little resistance. Air may then be supplied to self-center and provide rigidity for repositioning.
- Constructed of anodized aluminum and hardened steel for high strength and light weight.
- Offers adjustable switch sensitivity.