American Control Electronics Product
The next generation of PWM controls from American Control Electronics has arrived! Using a 115 or 230 VAC power source, the PMB Series is designed to run brushed DC motors, up to 240 VDC. The PWM technology creates a cleaner output voltage compared to older SCR circuitry, which allows the motor to run at a cooler operating temperature at comparatively higher and lower speeds. The PMB is also a regenerative control, meaning it can reverse on-the-fly without any contacts on the motor armature. The integrated dump circuitry eliminates the need for accessory cards and external relays in high inertia applications.
The onboard microprocessor allows for custom programming for OEMs. Whether it’s as simple as changing the purpose of a jumper, input, or trim pot, to programming entire routines and behaviors specific only to the OEMs application, the PMB is great for integrating PLC like functionality into your operation. Doing this can eliminate the need of a separate PLC altogether or enhance a system that currently does not have one.
- UL 61800-5-1 Listed: Tested to the new UL standard to be implemented in 2020.
- Microprocessor based: Allows custom programming for OEM’s.
- 4Q Reversing: Regenerative (4-Quadrant) drives have the ability to perform quick and contactorless reversing on-the-fly.
- Doubler mode: Can double a 115 VAC line to run a 180 VDC motor.
- Isolated inputs: Accepts floating or grounded signals 0 ± 5 VDC, 0 ± 10 VDC or 4-20 mA.
- Diagnostic LED: LEDs for power and status (undervoltage, overvoltage, short circuit/current trip, overheating warning/trip).
- Thermally protects: Drive recognizes when overheated as a result of overload. It first flashes a warning code on the status LED and will eventually trip if the condition persists.
- Stopping modes: User can regeneratively brake, decelerate, or coast the motor to a stop.
- Dump circuitry: Internal circuitry for the hookup of an external dump resistor.
- Quadrature encoder option: For OEM applications, the drive can be programmed to follow quadrature encoder feedback without any circuitry changes.
- 1.05 Form Factor
- 1% Base Speed Regulation
- 100:1 Speed Range
- Zero Adjust
- Minimum Speed
- Maximum Forward Speed
- Maximum Reverse Speed
- Motoring Torque
- Regenerative Torque
- IR Compensation