Xtium Frame Grabbers
rong>The new Xtium™ frame grabber series uses high-speed PCIe Gen2 image acquisition over Camera Link®, Camera Link HS™, and other emerging interfaces
Teledyne DALSA, a Teledyne Technologies company and a global leader in machine vision technology, today unveiled the Xtium-CL PX4, the first member of a new series of frame grabbers. The Xtium series is engineered to meet the ever-increasing image resolution and faster frame rates of today's camera technology. In addition to PCIe Gen 2.0 x4 and Camera Link®, upcoming models will support Camera Link HS™ as well as other popular interface standards on a PCIe Gen 2.0 x8 platform.
The new Xtium series delivers higher bandwidth to sustain Camera Link 80-Bit modes over longer cable distances and supports a wide variety of area and line scan color and monochrome cameras, all in a compact, single slot solution.
"The Xtium series has been engineered to meet the emerging demands of high speed, high bandwidth cameras," said Inder Kohli, Teledyne DALSA Product Manager. "We have designed a compact, flexible image acquisition and processing platform that supports multiple interfaces and delivers two times the sustained host transfer bandwidth across extended cable lengths."
The newly engineered, on-board, Data Transfer Engine (DTE) produces maximum bandwidth without the need for specialized motherboards or chipsets. By enabling maximum sustained throughput and ready-to-use image data, the Xtium-CL PX4 minimizes CPU usage and improves processing times for host applications. In addition, the Xtium-CL PX4 has been engineered with enhanced memory architecture allowing it to handle different sensor tap topologies while sustaining color decoding at the maximum frame/line rate.
Key Features of the Xtium-CL PX4
- Supports PCI Express Rev 2.0 x4 or higher, backwards compatible with PCIe Rev 1.10 slots
- Camera Link Rev 2.0 (Base PoCL, Medium or Full PoCL cameras)
- Delivers 2x performance on host transfers
- Up to 512MB of high-speed image memory
- Single slot solution with reconfigurable camera control and general purpose input/outputs
- Supported by field proven Sapera™ Vision SDK and Sapera CamExpert utility
- Free Sapera Standard tools run-time license includes advanced image processing and analysis functions
- Supports Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows 8 32/64-bit and WOW64 ready
The Xtium-CL PX4 has been designed to support the machine vision industry's leading interfaces. The Xtium-CL PX4 is available in Q3 2013. For more detailed product information, visit www.teledynedalsa.com/Xtium or contact your regional sales representative.