Stäubli Technology Days to Showcase the Latest Robotics and Connector Solutions
Open house event will present innovations for automotive manufacturers and packaging, pharmaceutical and food processing industries
Novi, Mich. – Stäubli, a global manufacturer of quick release couplings and robotics systems, is hosting a Technology Days open house event for the manufacturing sector, August 27-29, at its training facility in Novi. Stäubli will showcase a variety of automation cells highlighting innovative solutions to streamline manufacturing processes, open to the public from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day.
“Stäubli has leveraged our 30 years of automotive experience to develop unique robotic systems with the high performance and flexibility for the industry’s demanding applications,” said Sebastien Schmitt, Robotics Division manager, Staubli North America. “Stäubli’s product range answers challenging production requirements and harsh environments from parts assembly to water-jet stripping, and our 6-axis machines, SCARA robots and fast pickers bring precision and reliability to production processes across the manufacturing spectrum.”
Stäubli will display its new TS2 SCARA series, a completely redesigned four-axis machine with proprietary JCS drive technology that facilitates ultra-short cycle times and high repeatability. It also features a fully encapsulated hygienic design, which enables new applications in sensitive environments. The TS2 offers a smart connected tool that allows the option of either automatic or manual connection and disconnections of various tools, managed by Stäubli’s CS9 controller.
Stäubli’s new TX2touch robot, featuring a highly responsive, touch-sensitive skin system designed to stop the machine whenever it comes into contact with a human being, will also be featured. The 6-axis, TX2 collaborative robots combine speed, rigidity, size and precision for high performance and have unique features that make them adaptable to all industries, including sensitive and complex environments.
Demonstrations during Technology Days include:
- TX2 40: Man-robot collaboration level 2 and level 3 for assembly processes
- TX2touch: Man-robot collaboration level 4 featuring Asyril’s flex feeding solution
- TS2 60: Upgraded performance and tracking capabilities from Stäubli’s new SCARA robot
- TX2 60: Coordinate measuring robot in partnership with Metrologic
- TX2 90L: Bin picking solution with Visio Nerf
- RX 160: Robot master programming and machining process
- Education cell: Stäubli Robotic Suite offline programming with real-time functionalities
- TX2 90 HE: Water-jet cutting and stripping solution
- Best practices for robotic maintenance
Manufacturing experts from Stäubli will conduct educational seminars at 10 a.m. on the topic of man-robot collaboration and risk assessment and at 11 a.m. on AGVs and mobile robotic solutions each day of the event.
To register, check out our website.
Stäubli has invited a number of its technical partners to display products and field questions from attendees to provide a full overview of the new technical trends of the automation industry. Presenting partners include the following:
- SCHUNK is a leader for gripping systems and clamping technology. With more than 11,000 standard components, SCHUNK offers the world’s largest assortment of gripping systems and clamping technology from one source.
- Visio Nerf offers easy-to-use and highly effective 3D smart cameras for the localization of parts (bin picking) and quality control in production-specific contexts.
- Asyril produces an award-winning series of Asycube flexible feeders that offer high-performance part feeding and pre-orientation with an optimal and fast surface distribution of bulks parts. They are compatible with almost all part geometries for part sizes ranging from 0.1 mm to 150 mm.
- Metrologic Group is a global 3D metrology software frontrunner, specializing in the design and development of industry-leading, high-tech, 3D measurement software solutions associated electronics and integration services.
- Koops provides custom automation solutions integrating a wide range of assembly, inspection, processing, and robotic technologies. Koops customizes solutions from concept to completion including the design, build, programming, launch, and service of automation equipment.
- Rockwell Automation integrates control and information across the enterprise to help industrial companies and their people be more productive. Their products optimize industrial operations through control systems, information software, motor control devices, sensing devices and network technology, which help customers, turn data into actionable insights.
About Stäubli North America
Stäubli's North American headquarters is located in Duncan, South Carolina offering support to Connectors, Robotics and Textile customers, while Stäubli Electrical Connectors (formerly Multi-Contact) operates its business in Windsor, California. The dynamic Stäubli sales force are strategically placed in MI, SC, West Coast, Canada, Mexico, and elsewhere throughout the continent.
Stäubli is a mechatronics solutions provider with three core activities: Connectors, Robotics and Textile. We are an international group that currently operates in 29 countries, with agents in 50 countries on four continents. Our global workforce of 5,500 shares a commitment to partnering with customers in nearly every industry to provide comprehensive solutions with longterm support. Originally founded in 1892 as a small workshop in Horgen/Zurich, today Stäubli is an international group headquartered in Pfäffikon, Switzerland, delivering innovative solutions to all industrial sectors around the world.