New line of magnetic grippers from Schmalz
Perforated metal sheets, complex laser-cutted workpieces and metal sheets with holes and apertures can not be handled safely with vacuum suction cups. Especially for those kind of applications, Schmalz has been offering a complete line of magnetic grippers for several years.
Most recently, the successful line of magnetic grippers SGM has been replaced by new, improved models. The main advantage of the new models is the replaceable friction washer that permits the realization of higher lateral forces.
Beyond that, the new magnetic grippers offer the following advantages:
- gripping by a permanent magnet - No electrical power required
- Increased holding forces - Safe handling also in case of power failure
- Compact design - Minimum space required
- Lightweight construction - Low overall weight of the handling device
- Can be controlled with compressed-air or a combination of vacuum and compressed-air - Controlled with pneumatic valves or compact ejector such as our SMP/SXMP
- Optional with established tooling adapters - Individual connection possibilities
- Possibility to connect two magnetic grippers together into a single block - perfect for longish work-pieces