New Calibrated 3D Machine Vision Inspection
Cognex Corporation (NASDAQ: CGNX), the world's leading supplier of machine vision systems, has announced the release of the new DS1000 3D laser profiling system. The system calibrates real-world units of measurement for inspections too difficult to perform with traditional two-dimensional machine vision. The new DS1000 3D sensor:
- Reads embossed or raised characters such as those on automobile tires
- Verifies the presence of low-contrast items in boxes or packages
- Identifies surface defects and chips with low or no contrast
- Measures heights and tilts of components to determine misalignment
- Calculates volumes and dimensions for food portioning.
DS1000 is an integrated system; a Cognex proprietary high speed sensor and laser are both enclosed in an IP65-rated industrial housing. DS1000 is available now. Watch a demo video and learn more at www.cognex.com/DS1000.
Cognex Corporation designs, develops, manufactures and markets machine vision and industrial ID systems, or devices that can "see." Cognex vision and ID systems are used around the world for a widerange of inspection, identification and guidance applications throughout the manufacturing and
distribution process. Cognex is the world's leader in the machine vision and industrial ID industries, having shipped more than 850,000 systems, representing over $3 billion in cumulative revenue, since the company's founding in 1981. Headquartered in Natick, Massachusetts, USA, Cognex has regional offices and distributors located throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Japan and Latin America.