Karbon-CXP Frame Grabbers with CoaXPress Technology Now Shipping
WOBURN, MA -- BitFlow, Inc. announced today that it has begun shipment of its new Karbon-CXP frame grabbers, delivering the biggest performance increase in moving high-speed serial data in the company's history.
Incorporating the CoaXpress (CXP) standard, BitFlow Karbon-CXP frame grabbers offer video acquisition speeds up to 6 Gigabits per second, and will send control commands and triggers at 20 Megabits per second - all over a single piece of 75 Ohm coaxial cable in lengths up to 135 meters. Additionally, a maximum 13W of power can be transmitted to camera along the cable.
"BitFlow has achieved a major new milestone this week with the shipment of the first Karbon-CXP frame grabbers," said Donal Waide, Director of Sales for BitFlow. "Engineers leveraging the Karbon-CXP and the CXP standard can easily repurpose existing coaxial infrastructure with very low installation costs, reducing system complexity and improving utilization."
Currently, the dual channel, Karbon CXP2 is available with the single (CXP1) and quad CXP4 to follow in 2012. All BitFlow frame grabbers are manufactured in the North East region of the United States.
Karbon-CXP frame grabbers are CoaXPress 1.0 compliant, and support anywhere from one to four CXP cameras. They will also support up to four CXP multi-links (up to four links per camera). Other features include:
- Supports CXP speeds from 1.250 to 6.250 Gb/S;
- Provides power for all cameras (up to 13 Watts per camera);
- Provides Safe Power, full protection from all power line faults;
- Cameras are Plug and Play with automatic link speed detection;
- Cameras can be accurately synchronized, or can be completely unsynchronized;
- PCI Express x8 interface (also works in x16 slots);
- Separate I/O for each camera;
- Highly deterministic, low latency frame grabber to camera trigger
- Supports simultaneous serial communications to all cameras.
Adding the new Karbon-CXP to an application is simplified by an included SDK that supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. Applications can be developed using C/ C++/.NET and BitFlow's sophisticated buffer management APIs.
In addition, free drivers can be downloaded from the BitFlow web site for most 3rd party machine vision packages. The Karbon models are software compatible with each other, as well as with all the other current BitFlow frame grabbers. This makes migrating applications from Camera Link or analog to CXP simple and quick.
For pricing information, please call 781-932-2900 or visit www.bitflow.com.