Introducing µZ Plug-In Servo Drives from Advanced Motion Controls
µZ’s are the smallest off-the-shelf servo drives from ADVANCED Motion Controls. Pronounced "Micro-Z" these plug-in drives are designed for embedded applications in a wide range of industries including: Robotics, Lab Automation, Homeland Security/Military, Electric Mobility, Medical and Packaging.
µZ servo drives are designed to drive brushless and brushed DC motors at a high switching frequency. To increase system reliability and to reduce cabling costs, the drives are designed for direct integration into your PCB. Weighing in at less than 9 grams, µZ Drives output 10A peak and 5A continuous and operate with a bus voltage range of 10-36VDC.
Designed without the need for a heatsink, the µZ’s are true featherweights with a high power to weight ratio. The µZ’s are fully protected against over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current, over-heating, and short-circuits. Depending on the model, the drives interface with digital controllers that have analog ±10V or PWM/Direction commands. These servo drives require only a single unregulated isolated DC power supply, and are fully RoHS (Reduction of Hazardous Substances) compliant.
Datasheets and Support:
- AZB10A4 for ±10V Command Signals, Current Mode
- AZBH10A4 for ±10V Command Signals, Hall Velocity Mode
- AZBD10A4 for ±10V Command Signals, Duty Cycle Mode
- AZBDC10A4 for PWM/Direction Command Signals
Stand-alone (drives with built-in interface):
- AZB10A4IC for ±10V Command Signals, Current Mode
- AZBDC10A4IC for PWM/Direction Command Signals
- Designed for direct board-to-board integration
- No heatsink and no need for additional heatsinking results in the smallest installed volume
- Feather weight, less than 9 grams
- Dimensions (mm) 38.1 x 38.1 x 7.34 for current mode models, 43.2 x 38.1 x 9.4 for velocity / duty cycle models
- Dimensions (in) 1.50 x 1.50 x 0.29 for current mode models, 1.70 x 1.50 x 0.37 for velocity / duty cycle models
- Large operational temperature range, 0-85°C
- Compatible with low inductance motors
- Smallest form factor of any off-the-shelf servo drive from ADVANCED Motion Controls
- 40 kHz switching frequency