Harmonic Drive LLC Introduces SHA-CG Servo Actuators
Direct Drive Motor Performance in an extremely compact size
Harmonic Drive LLC, a leader in high precision motion control introduces SHA-CG series, their new line of High Torque, Hollow Shaft Servo Actuators. The SHA-CG offers superior rotary positioning accuracy and an output flange with a surface run-out less than 10 microns. The SHA-CG actuators are the newest offerings in the SHA product line from Harmonic Drive LLC.
The SHA-CG actuators feature a compact, hollow shaft configuration for design versatility in demanding applications. Ideal for machine tool applications, the SHA Series of brushless actuators provide high torque for fast acceleration and positioning. SHA-CG actuators are composed of a Harmonic Drive® CSG zero-backlash gear combined with a brushless servomotor with an encoder resolution at the output up to 20,971,520 pulse/rev. The actuators are also available with an optional brake. Positional accuracy better than 1 arc-min and repeatability better than ±5 arc-sec is achieved while delivering up to 3,400 N m of torque. A robust cross-roller bearing allows mounting of large loads directly to the actuator without the need for additional support.
The SHA-CG has a Torque to Weight ratio as much as 8 times greater than comparable housed direct drive motors, and a Torque to Volume ratio as much as 6 times greater. This allows for a more compact and light-weight machine design.
· High Accuracy: Zero-backlash Harmonic Drive® gear reducer
· Hollow Shaft diameter: 17-45mm
· Available in 4 sizes, 20, 25, 32, 40
· Maximum speed up to 120 rpm
· Design: Compact, flat, hollow shaft
Known for its expert engineering and manufacturing, Harmonic Drive LLC products are relied upon every day throughout the manufacturing community.
APPLICATIONS for Harmonic Drive products:
- Machine Tool: Milling Head, Tool Changer, Rotary Table, Grinding, B & C Axis
- Robotics: Industrial, Semiconductor & Flat Panel, Humanoid, Mobile Robots
- Energy: oil exploration, drilling and positioning, wind power, solar
- Defense: Unmanned Vehicles, Remote Weapon Stations, Antenna Pointing
- Medical: Surgical Robots, Medical Imaging, Therapeutic, Prosthetics, Exoskeletons, Lab Automation
- Aerospace: Solar Array Drives, Antenna Pointing, Valve Actuators, Lunar and Interplanetary Rovers
About Harmonic Drive LLC
Harmonic Drive LLC engineers and manufactures precision Harmonic Drive® servo actuators, gearheads and gear component sets. They work with industry-leading customers and companies of all sizes to provide both standard product and custom-engineered servo actuators, gearheads and gear components. Harmonic Drive LLC provides high precision, high performance solutions to meet customer’s mission critical application requirements. The majority of the products sold by HDLLC are proudly made at their US headquarters and manufacturing facility in Massachusetts. Affiliated companies in, Japan (Harmonic Drive Systems, Inc.) and Germany (Harmonic Drive AG) provide additional manufacturing capabilities. More information can be found by visiting the company’s web site.
Colleen Anderson, Marketing Manager