Comau Unveils an Interactive IoT Platform for Data Acquisition and Exchange between All Types of Equipment
in.Grid delivers full process and systems visibility for any equipment brand.
Comau, a member of the FCA Group and global leader in advanced industrial automation products and solutions, has developed an innovative networking platform that combines digital and physical worlds through sensorization, data analysis and real-time monitoring of equipment and systems. The in.Grid platform facilitates the acquisition and exchange of data by interconnecting Comau and non-Comau solutions, machinery and equipment used in manufacturing processes. In doing so, in.Grid not only enables process/technology data monitoring and telemetry, but can provide companies with predictive maintenance and productivity tools. The platform automatically acquires performance and process data, stores the data onsite or offsite, then displays the data and subsequent analytics via a simple and interactive interface and machine learning tools to make decisions regarding equipment health and utilization.
By joining communications, data control and analytics within a single, easy-to-use platform, in.Grid helps companies leverage the power of Industry 4.0 in a cost-effective and highly efficient manner. The data collection, processing and connectivity is done at a machine level, line level or plant level, while the data analysis platform with its algorithms, Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities and storage features can be hosted at the plant itself, at an external data center or at a private Cloud level. After which, the shared intelligence is distributed using line-level touch screen computers, mobile devices and wearable electronics.
“in.Grid is essentially an open network that collects, stores and elaborates data in order to predict, adapt and eventually self-adjust to the dynamic conditions of manufacturing processes,” explains Maurizio Cremonini, Comau Head of Marketing and Digital Initiatives Platform. “As an Industry 4.0 facilitator, the platform also allows for the creation of a Digital Twin environment which enables operators to identify early warning signs, conduct predictive and preventive maintenance, make projections based on the digitized performance data, simulate corrective actions on the virtual environment, measure related results, transfer corrections or process modifications to the physical line.”
- Comprehensive process and technological data monitoring and telemetry
- Onsite, offsite and cloud data storage supported
- Data analytics for Condition Based Maintenance and early alarms generation
- Easy-to-use interface is fully compatible with wearable devices
- Brand-independent infrastructure
- Supervised algorithms based on customer needs and requests
- Quickly verify production parameters at any stage of the manufacturing process
- Streamline maintenance operations and prevent problems before they even occur
- Make manufacturing more efficient and optimized while reducing throughput times
- Line behavior testing ensures higher productivity, better quality and lower overall costs
- Open platform supports Comau and non-Comau machines/processes
- Multiple data storage options can be tailored to customer needs
- Enable interface for real-time Digital Twin architecture