Acme Manufacturing Company News Release - July 1, 2020
Acme Manufacturing Company in Auburn Hills, Michigan, U.S.A., the world leader in design and manufacturing of integrated robotic automation for polishing, buffing, deburring and grinding systems since 1910, announces the promotion of 5 key leaders in addition to the appointment of a COO.
- Jack Karagozian has been promoted to VP Global Sales Engineering. Jack has been part of the Acme team for 35 years, growing steadily with roles in field service, system installations, customer training, process development, and laboratory validation. He obtained a B.S. in Metallurgical Engineering from Western Michigan University. Jack will lead the global sales team to market unique and creative solutions for Acme’s customers.
- Scott Kilpatrick has been promoted to VP Global Business Development. Scott has been part of the Acme team for 12 years. He has a diverse background in robotics and automation, including several years at Fanuc Robotics. Scott recently launched Acme’s new Tech Center in Singapore in 2019, to enable faster growth in Southeast Asia. Scott is leading the development of Acme’s new Marketing campaign, launched summer of 2020.
- Mike Lamb has been promoted to Director Parts and Global Service Sales. Mike has been part of the Acme team for 17 years. His time at Acme includes experience field service, machine installations, global customer training, and robotic systems programming. Mike will focus on extending installed Acme machine life through preventive maintenance and customer training.
- Rob Thornton has been promoted to Director Global Engineering. Rob joined Acme in December 2018. Rob brings a wealth of experience in robotics, software development, product development, automation control systems, and mechatronics, with 23+ years of broad engineering experience. Rob has a Master of Science in Mechatronic Systems Engineering from Lawrence Tech, a B.S. in Automated Manufacturing Engineering Technology from Lake Superior State University, and a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Lakehead University. Rob will lead the innovative product development, solutions, and remote service solutions to ensure maximizing customer up time.
- Clark Merriman has been promoted to VP Quality and Global Supply Chain. Clark has been part of the Acme team for 21 years. Additionally, he has over 25 years of leadership experience in Quality Certification and Supply Chain Management primarily within the Machine Tool and Robotic Integration Industry. Clark successfully structured and implemented Acme’s quality systems including ISO 9001, 9002, and QS 9000 TE. Clark has a dual major in Chemistry and Biology from Eastern Michigan and an MBA from University of Michigan. Clark is currently spearheading Acme’s drive to attain RIA Certified Integrator Status. This position highlights Acme’s industry-leading commitment to Quality execution and customer satisfaction.
- Diane Betti joins Acme as COO after close to 40 years of experience in global leadership as well as organization and process change initiatives. Diane has a BS in accounting from Boston College and an MBA in finance from Babson College. She will lead the Acme Leadership team to accelerate process and structural changes to meet rising business challenges.
CONGRATULATIONS to Jack, Scott, Mike, Rob, Clark, and Diane.