Posted on 09/29/2021
Redmond, WA, USA
This position plays a vital role in interfacing with Radiant Vision Systems global customer base and distributor network by providing expert level technical support of our light and color measurement systems.
The Application Engineer contributes to Radiant’s sales team efforts (both pre and post-sale) by providing technical support in developing measurement solutions; preparing and delivering product presentations / demonstrations; evaluating customer readiness and conducting training, as well as identifying and resolving application or environmental issues.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Responds to technical inquiries via phone and email, working across other teams to obtain additional information or support, and managing customer expectations.
- Develops alternative technical solutions; planning systems integration; isolating problems and communicating technical solutions; providing support estimates.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information with our own systems.
- Other responsibilities can include; software testing, creating instructions for diagnosing and repairing hardware.
- Practices quality service by following organization standards.
- Creating and maintaining product standards documentation, application notes, training manuals, and knowledge base libraries.
- Conducting training sessions for both customers (domestic and international) and internal personnel.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Experience in technical sales or sales support highly desired.
- High energy level and unquenchable desire to learn our business from the ground up (manufacturing floor to customer).
- Ability to effectively and succinctly communicate with end users and our global distributor network.
- Highly organized with an ability to efficiently handle numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly isolate problems and implement solutions in real-time.
- General programming skills would be advantageous.
- Experience with presenting technical information to a wide range of audiences with a confident presence.
- Ability to learn new concepts and systems quickly.
- An outgoing personality with a passion for supporting the customer.
- International and domestic travel generally up to approximately 35%-50% of the time
Radiant Vision Systems provides automated visual inspection products to ensure the manufacturing quality of displays, lighting, assemblies, and surfaces. Radiant’s photometric and colorimetric imagers are calibrated to human visual perception of light and color, offering the most sophisticated inspection technology for meeting customer expectations for performance in high-value devices. Leading brands in electronics, virtual & augmented reality, automotive, aerospace, and beyond rely on Radiant to ensure accuracy, automate quality control, reduce costs, and improve efficiency from the lab to the production line. Based in Redmond, WA, USA, Radiant Vision Systems has proven production experience with thousands of cameras testing millions of components. The company's extensive product portfolio includes TrueTest™ Automated Visual Inspection Software, ProMetric® Imaging Colorimeters and Photometers, machine vision solutions, and goniometric systems. EOE
Minimum Education & Experience
- B.S. in Physics, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- A new graduate or 1-2 years of work experience.