Electrical Engineer Co Op
Posted on 09/02/2022
Dalton, MA USA
We're looking for a Vision Engineer Co Op Student to work with the Process Control Engineering group, supporting inspection systems in the pulp and paper manufacturing operations within Crane U.S. Government Products. Contributing directly to the delivery of the goals and objectives assigned to the Engineering Team. The student selected will report directly to the Project Engineering Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Vision Engineer to oversee existing inspection systems and ensure maximum uptime availability in support of manufacturing operations.
- Works with Vision Engineer on the specification, design, estimating, hardware/software integration, installation, commissioning, and documentation phases for the new Boulder Inspection system upgrade project in Finishing.
- Work with Vision Engineer to train technicians and user community on the new Boulder inspection systems. Assist in developing procedures and define preventative maintenance programs for the new equipment.
- Work safely within a manufacturing and office environment and adhere to standard practices involving safety and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Maintain open communications and positive working relationships with staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Bachelors or Graduate degree at an accredited institution in Engineering, Sciences, Manufacturing, or related major field of study. Electrical Engineering major preferred.
- Available to work a full-time schedule, 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- Must be U.S. citizen.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, analytical/problem-solving abilities, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page:
Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace.
Crane Currency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Back to All Careers