Territory Sales Manager
Posted on 09/29/2021
BEHCO is looking for an energetic and motivated Territory Sales Manager to promote and sell products in the motion control industry. The Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for managing a territory in Mid-Michigan, covering an area generally located north and east of Lansing to the Midland and Port Huron areas. BEHCO (www.behco.com) offers a variety of industry-leading fluid power, motion control, automation and collaborative robotic products along with complete design, application engineering and manufacturing capabilities.
As a Territory Sales Manager, you will focus on growing sales within the assigned geographic area in the motion control industry. This position will have the backing of BEHCO Product Managers, Application Engineers, and Vendor Partner resources to ensure that you can meet your customer’s needs and provide reputable motion control solutions.
An ideal candidate should have knowledge of the local market, as well as experience selling motion control products and solutions. The Territory Sales Manager will report directly to the Director of Sales.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote and sell BEHCO products, engineered systems and services by working on new and existing sales opportunities.
- Identify, define, develop, and recommend appropriate products and services for customer applications.
- Identify, research, and contact prospective target growth customers that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Build relationships across all levels within existing accounts and prospective target accounts to generate new business opportunities.
- Develop, document, and communicate market intelligence to Product Managers, Sales Director and Vendor Partners.
- Ensure timely flow of quotations to maximize our opportunity to win the order.
- Meet and review sales efforts with Director of Sales on a regular basis.
- Establish timely strategic sales visits, customer action plans, and activities to meet sales and profit targets.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people and relationship-building skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Proven proficiency and experience in the use of business operational software
Minimum Education & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience selling motion control products and solutions
- Strong value-added sales experience
- Excellent customer focus and understanding of total customer satisfaction
- Technical application aptitude and/or relevant engineering experience, preferably, with motion control and automation products
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment