Operations & Customer Service Manager
Posted on 09/29/2021
BEHCO (www.behco.com), a distributor and integrator of fluid power, motion control and automation products, seeks a motivated and experienced Operations and Customer Service Manager.
As the Operations and Customer Service Manager, you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day support for a team of Customer Service Representatives. The Operations and Customer Service Manager will ensure effective, efficient, and customer-oriented support for all customers. They will provide staff support and motivation and develop and implement short and long-term plans for the team, and the department in alignment with company objectives and strategic plans.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise day-to-day operations in the Customer Service Department, with a goal of providing outstanding customer service to our customers.
- Create and implement effective customer service policies, standards and practices designed to improve the customer experience and satisfaction.
- Develop customer satisfaction goals and coordinate with the team to ensure the goals are met.
- Develop, mentor, and lead diverse personalities and talents to create a strong and well-functioning team.
- Coordinate technical, service, and selling skills training for members of the Customer Service team.
- Prepare and deliver periodic performance appraisals intended to establish mutual goals, recognize employee accomplishments, and foster professional growth and development.
- Manage and enhance interdepartmental working relationships to improve response times, the quality and accuracy of deliverables, and, ultimately, customer satisfaction.
- Develop and enhance relationships with key vendors and customers.
- Gather and evaluate performance statistics, report findings, and develop and implement corrective action plans to improve areas of concern.
- Work with management to establish, implement, monitor, and manage pricing matrices.
- Manage Purchasing and Inventory Management functions and personnel.
- Manage the Shipping & Receiving department and team.
- Hire, train, develop and mentor new members of the team.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
- Familiarity with fluid power, motion control and/or automation products a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in operations and/or customer service management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and customer service software.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Good understanding of management practices and techniques.