IT Technical Support Engineer
Posted on 01/06/2022
Council Bluffs, IA
This position requires a self-motivated individual who likes challenges, a wide variety of responsibilities, and helping technology users. You will be required to respond to support tickets, assist clients via remote access or on-site and log work performed to each case. Support requirements may include installing hardware and software systems, diagnosing networking issues, installing upgrades, and resolving IT issues.
To ensure success as a technical support engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of IT systems, high-level communication skills, and the ability to work independently. Ultimately, a top-class technical support engineer provides valuable IT assistance and support while maintaining strong customer relations.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Network Computing Environment
- Applications used within the office: O365, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Creative Design Suite, Team Viewer, Teams, SharePoint, VMWare, RingCentral.
- Operating systems Windows Server 2019, 2012, Windows 10
- Hardware including: HP & Dell Servers, Dell Desktop and Laptops, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Meraki Devices, HID Proxy Card Keyless Entry.
- Server Applications used in the office: Windows Server 2019 & 2012R2 (Active Directory, Terminal Services, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Hyper-V, DFS Namespace, File and Print Services, and PowerShell); Autodesk Vault Server, Solidworks PDM Server, SQL.
- Fanuc Robotics Roboguide
- AutoDesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault, AutoCAD Electrical, Solidworks & Solidworks PDM.
- Work closely with Outsource agency to support network health.
- Documentation and maintenance of all hardware, licensing, passwords, and other critical information with respect to department requirements and all server hardware.
- Maintains recovery procedures for all systems including: servers, phone system, data backup and retrieval, printers/plotters, engineering Vault, and others as required.
- Generate and maintain detailed user guides and technical & network documentation
- Software Updates - establish and maintain updates on all applications used in the environment on a regular basis.
- Continual security assurance for the Company as well as maintain established individual PC secure sites and directions.
- Work with IT Manager and Human Resources directly to ensure Federal privacy regulations and Corporate Compliance Policies are maintained.
- Work with local department managers to ensure proper communication is made should installation and/or up-grade changes need to occur.
- Support / reinforce the usage of Help Desk Ticketing System.
- End-user phone and on-site support.
- Provide continual security, operational and software suggestions to increase proficiency and effectiveness for all departments.
- All other duties as assigned.
Do you have all these abilities? If you do, GREAT, if not and want to increase your skill set, we can teach you. Experience can sometimes be the greatest teacher. Plus, the opportunity to learn so much more.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 Year Associates Degree and 3-5 years IT related work experience.
- Previous work experience as a technical support engineer or desktop support engineer.
- Must be highly organized to be able to manage multiple priorities on deadline under minimal supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues.
- Experience in supporting servers in a network environment.
- Good knowledge base of:
- Windows 10, Server 2012R2, Server 2019
- Networking, TCP/IP, 802.11, VPN, DHCP.
- Hardware/software installations, as well as general configuration issues. (HP, Dell)
- 2012 Active Directory
- Hyper-V (Microsoft Virtualization)
- Microsoft System Center
- Basic knowledge of Cisco Meraki switches & Access points
- Mobile device communications/management
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ certification preferred but not required.
- Available for after- hours on-call support and weekend migration and maintenance projects.
- Ability to travel; up to 20% between the Acieta locations as necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must be able to operate specific equipment or tools; type required speed; and work with specific computer software.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- usiness casual attire required.
ACIETA is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. ACIETA does not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, age, military or veteran status, or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should notify ACIETA’s Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to All Careers