Senior Controls Engineer
Posted on 01/17/2024
Lake Orion, Michigan USA
The Controls Software Lead Engineer is responsible for providing engineering leadership, direction, and project management to a team of engineers assigned to the overall software design, programming, troubleshooting and debugging side of industrial automation systems.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to all members of the project team for the successful on-time completion of the job
- Attend all required project meetings and be the controls engineering point of contact between AMT Management and the Customer
- Create and manage a comprehensive controls engineering plan for project.
- Provide progress and job status reports to Controls Engineering Manager
- Review and evaluate scope of work and project objectives for jobs assigned.
- Evaluate engineering resource requirements and communicate requirements to Controls Engineering Manager.
- Mentor and coach lower-level engineers assigned to project to ensure correct design practices and assess progress and address challenges
- Monitor and evaluating job progress
- Creating recovery plans for overcoming obstacles
- Work with team to develop standard methods for better efficiency and operation
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Highly Proficient in PLC programming and debugging of automation systems and technologies utilized in the automotive industry (Allen Bradley and Siemens)
- Highly Proficient in HMI design
- Proficient in one or more PLC Brands
- Strong knowledge of CAD design such as EPLAN for AutoCAD
- Knowledge and experience with safety practices within the industrial automation industry
- Time Management and Organizational skills
- Experience with network communications such as Ethernet and Devicenet
- Familiarity with simulation and/or robot programming practices
- Strong Leadership & Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to coach and lead engineers who are at a lower skill level
Back to All Careers