Posted on 12/27/2021
9696 Black River Ct Holland, MI 49464 USA
At Mission Design & Automation, we attribute our success to the strength of our team and our ability to be agile and adaptive to new market demands. To build on this team we are searching for a highly qualified Mechanical Engineer. This role will work directly with our team to develop solutions that exceed our customer’s expectations for innovation and return on investment. Mission ME’s will foster a positive and collaborative relationship with our customers, listening to their needs, and responding with highly robust and intelligent solutions. We believe that our customers should experience a seamless process from start to finish and our people, culture, and a customer focused attitude will make that possible. The ideal person will be capable of balancing multiple diverse projects, have a high technical aptitude, integrity, and have a broad experience in automation.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Conceptualize through the final design process working within a collaborative atmosphere alongside the team and customer
- Provide machine manufacturing with bills of material, machine layout prints and detail prints required for mechanical machine construction
- Work within the computer network system
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment Skills & Knowledge
- Self-starting, Focused, and able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with a high level of professionalism
- Proficiency in Computer Aided Design: Solidworks preferred
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read part prints, read and create machine layout prints
- Proven record of product design, prototype and production
- Knowledge of mechanical drafting practices
- Problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail with follow-through
- Knowledge of machine and fixture building practices
- Good understanding of controls and build Processes
- General knowledge of industry products and OSHA standards
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering or business field
- Preferred 2+ years of experience in the industrial automation industry designing custom high-end automation equipment.
- Ability during concepting/quoting to think creatively with the Mission team to solve a problem with no standard solution.