Machine Builder/Assembly Tech
Posted on 07/21/2021
Experienced mid to senior-level Machine Builder skilled in assembling components according to mechanical drawings and assembly prints; troubleshooting mechanical machine issues, machining parts, field wiring, panel building, and installation at customer facilities.
Technical Skills and Abilities Required:
- Read and interpret blueprints, specifications, and mechanical assembly drawings independently.
- Verify conformance of components to the Bill of Material.
- Prepare and align components for assembly of work cells, stations, and other automated equipment.
- Verifies the alignment and tolerances of moving parts.
- Assemble, fit, align, plumb, and integrate workstations or systems that may include pneumatics and hydraulics, electrical sensing components, power transmission systems, conveyor systems and feeder systems.
- Work independently with the engineering group to address design issues or necessary improvements.
- Participate in project meetings and design reviews to suggest manufacture or design improvements.
- Participate in the debug/integration of the line or station start up. Complete the set up checks of stations before programming begins. Check to see if cycle times are achievable; and raise concerns to engineering immediately. Run the entire line with group and others to check functionality of operator stations, operator interface, loading and unloading areas, and guarding for ease of maintenance.
- Machine parts as necessary, develop fixes to review with engineering.
- Must be proficient in the operation and setup of conventional machine shop equipment including lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders, and hand tools to manufacture components to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Ability to troubleshoot, service, and perform required repairs to automation equipment.
- Build wiring panels.
- Perform electrical testing, troubleshooting and verification to ensure the automated equipment or system is functioning as it is designed to.
- Participate in tear down and shipping of the equipment.
- Provide quick and efficient installation of the equipment at the customers’ site.
- Qualified to inspect and test/maintain plant capital equipment on the shop floor.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Three years experience with electrical wiring, panel build and electrical troubleshooting
- Three years’ hands-on experience in tool making, mechanical assembly, troubleshooting, machine building and equipment installation in a machine shop environment.
- Hands-on experience of machining and measurement equipment.