Senior Controls Engineer
Posted on 07/21/2021
Lead the controls systems design project team, which includes the Electrical, Software and Fluids Designers, to complete projects, on schedule and on budget, that meet the contract requirements, customer’s expectations, and DDS standards and practices.
- Project related supervision, training, and guidance of the CSD Project team.
- Document project related requirements/discussions and effectively communicate these requirements to the project team.
- Work with other members of the project team, internally and externally, to develop a controls architecture that provides the required functionality, based on DDS standards and customer specifications.
- Verify and approve project assigned electrical design packages before release to the shop floor, based on adherence to accepted electrical codes, accuracy, completeness, use of standard materials, use of standard methods, and safety.
- Work with other members of the project team to ensure that programs produced by the Software Designers are acceptable based on functionality and adherence to standards. Programs must be accurate, complete, and meet existing safety requirements before being released to the floor.
- Interpret and analyze internal cost sheets.
- Develop accurate cost to complete estimates.
- Accurately report project status through regular status reports.
- Participate in the development of the schedule and distribution of budgeted hours.
- Ensure that project milestones are achieved.
- Determine and document the cost of scope changes internally and externally.
- Review and evaluate new controls related products in order to provide cost effective and up-to-date control solutions.
- Recommend project specific training to increase efficiency and improve retained engineering knowledge.
- Follow all procedures and work instructions as defined in the ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
Minimum Education & Experience
1. BS Degree in engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
2. Seven years’ experience as a Software Designer.Back to All Careers