Electrical Design Engineer
Posted on 07/21/2021
Summary: Produce complete controls solutions and electrical design packages based on customer specifications, and standardized design practices.
- Work with Mechanical Designers during design process to create a control system that will enable the machine to perform its intended function safely and reliably.
- Formulate and produce complete electrical design package which include detailed schematics, cable routing diagrams, panel layouts, bills of materials, and material requisition forms, based on standard specifications, and the customer’s requirements.
- Specify all electrical and controls related hardware/software and produce requisition forms for material purchases.
- Work with other members of the internal team to continuously improve methods of integrating controls technology to ensure enhanced safety and functionality are maintained and labor/material budget and schedule is met.
- Integrate third party equipment and electronic component entry into electrical design package, such as, serial communications, hardware handshaking, opto isolation, electrical and ultrasonic welding applications, vision systems, motion control products, transducers, and signal conditioners.
- Verify the electrical design package is complete, accurate and safe based on sound design practices and accepted standards, and the I/O lists meet program requirements prior to issue to shop floor.
- Work directly with the Controls Lead in the development of the electrical schedule and budget hours.
- Accurately create electrical project status reports.
- Work with project managers, customers, designers, toolmakers, and electricians to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete functional system.
- Follow all procedures and work instructions as defined in the ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
Minimum Education & Experience
- BS Degree in Engineering
- Five years' experience as an electrical designer