Senior Mechanical Designer
Posted on 12/02/2021
London, Ontario, Canada
Senior Mechanical Designer
Automation & Robotics
The Automation & Robotics division tackles challenging robotic pick-and-place, packaging, palletizing, assembly, and quality inspection applications for stable clients across North America in industries such as food, consumer packaged goods, and tube & pipe production. Typical projects range between 3-12 months in duration, $100k to $10M+ in value, and 3 to 20 team members you can count on.
We are problem solvers who automate and improve manufacturing processes through innovative projects. Speed, precision, flexibility, adaptivity, and tenacity are traits that our people share with the robotic systems we create. With an intense focus on customer experience, we are growing rapidly and constantly evolving.
Click here to see a JMP Solution in action: https://youtu.be/VE54s8Dc0kE
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
As a Mechanical Designer, you will:
- Contribute to 1-3 projects weekly
- Design custom automation equipment such as robot end of arm tooling, structures, fixtures, and mechanisms in a collaborative environment using SolidWorks
- Manage project budgets to deliver results on time
- See your ideas evolve from sketch to 3D CAD, to real-world customer equipment.
- Given the client-focused nature of the work, employees may be required to work over weekends or outside of standard business hours as needed
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- Practical hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Passion for engineering, robots, and automation equipment
- Relentless pursuit of learning and growth in the world of industrial automation
- Amazing interpersonal skills within a multi-disciplinary team and diverse customers
- Technical Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Mechatronics, etc.)
- An ability to travel; Mechanical Designers should have the ability to travel within US and Canada
How Could you Boost your Application?
- Experience with custom tooling, pneumatics, materials, and manufacturing processes
- A portfolio of projects in which you made significant contributions
- Proficiency with SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Confidence with presenting your creative ideas freely and speaking in front of groups
What does success look like at JMP?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
- Accountability: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 16 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2021 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2021, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2021.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why join the JMP team?
As a growing company in the industrial technology industry and rooted with strong corporate values, JMP Solutions can offer a unique value proposition to employees. Our employee promise is a rewarding employee experience delivered through a focus on three key areas:
- Development and Career Growth
- Impact and Recognition
- Flexibility and Collaboration
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Back to All Careers