ASP Software Engineer
Posted on 10/31/2022
The ASP Software Engineer will design and implement the backend and frontend code of all Acieta Standard Products and provide technical expertise associated with the company’s products to keep the development on time as well as the budget. This position is also a critical part of a project; with the ability to make technical decisions, discretionary and independent judgment decisions at any time necessary while maintaining all communication with the ASP Product/Project Manager.
- Design and implement high performance code in Python and JS
- Design and implement frontend HMI code in Vue.js.
- Manipulate python code to pass data between the robot and the HMI.
- Write easily testable code with unit tests.
- Participate actively in code reviews, sharing responsibility for the team’s code.
- Tracking hitlist, work plans, and tracking current hours to budgeted for assigned projects. These items will be updated regularly and communicated to ASP Product/Project Manager and VP of Operations.
- Create as many standards as possible utilizing past code as a baseline to lower future project costs. Ability to make the programs scalable for future changes.
- Help control costs associated with support of the product and project commitments to meet budgeted guidelines by successfully managing a work plan.
- Participate in project kick-offs, design reviews, and run-offs. Be an active participant and provide technical and experience feedback to improve projects in these different stages of the project life cycle.
- Maybe required to back up other techs on larger projects and assist the lead tech on a project.
- Work with Management to provide support of projects in the shop. Keep the Robot Programming Manager informed on the project so he can ensure coverage on projects when lead tech is out of the plant on other assignments.
- Ensure all project documentation is completed and saved in the correct location for each project in a timely manner.
- Train customers on the use and operation of robotic cells either on-site or at Acieta.
- Work with all robot technicians to transfer any new technical information that has been received or learned in the shop, field, or training class.
- Carry out other tasks and assignments as requested by immediate supervisor.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Education, Experience, Skills, and Physical Requirements:
Education and/or Experience: Must have three (+) years of professional software development experience is required. An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is a plus.
- Must have experience in developing Frontend HMI code using Vue.js, React or similar applications.
- Needs to have the working knowledge of PostgreSQL or similar relational databases as well as having working knowledge with git and Linux.
- Must be knowledgeable of Ethernet, IP, TCP, and UDP protocols.
- Familiarity with MQTT, Modbus, OPC, ProfNet, Profibus and/or Ether Cat a plus.
- Familiar with FANUC robots, RoboGuide or KAREL a plus.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record in order to be insured by Acieta’s automobile insurance.
- Must be at ease working with others of essentially equal or even greater technical expertise and experience of an effective manner.
- Must be able to travel. We expect this position will require roughly 25% travel but may vary based on project circumstances.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to perform rigorous physical activities required by industrial manufacturing tasks.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
ACIETA is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. ACIETA does not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, age, military or veteran status, or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should notify ACIETA’s Human Resources department at email@example.com.Back to All Careers