Posted on 09/14/2023
The Inside Sales Department is responsible for assisting the sales team in developing accounts, soliciting and obtaining orders, and maintaining customer satisfaction as a problem-solving resource.
- Respond to customer inquiries (calls and emails) professionally and efficiently and verify, qualify, and enter the information provided into the CRM (Hubspot).
- Qualify sales opportunities with non-key accounts by researching and identifying potential support and sales actions (i.e., C-level accounts and trade show accounts). Check customer’s buying history and financial history.
- Utilize sales support tools (ZoomInfo) to support business development efforts.
- Build rapport and provide sales and technical product information/explanations to potential and existing customers.
- Manage internal communication on NDA’s and other contracts.
- Act as the communication link with the production unit for all questions related to sales administration (orders, prices, conditions, deliveries, etc.). Monitor the application of divisional tools and procedures.
- Support quoting process. Monitor and follow up on customer requests (particularly C-level accounts) and opportunity/quote due dates.
- Transfer orders to the sales administration/fulfillment team. Review orders with the sales team for order processing and communicate the expected delivery date. Maintain communication with the sales team, sales manager, and customers concerning delivery schedules.
- Maintain the CRM by inputting customer profiles and updates. Prepare and distribute monthly reports and prepare sales analysis for management. Process trade show leads in the CRM.
- Support sales presentations by compiling data and work with the sales team to develop presentation formats and materials.
- Support the sales team by tracking, investigating, and reporting sales information.
- Assist the sales team in maintaining and improving results by following market segment strategies and key accounts. Review new case study descriptions and participate in educational opportunities.
- Assist with customer training schedule as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Provide strategic guidance to the marketing team based on findings/trends.
- Prior experience in supporting outside sales teams.
- Data entry, reporting, and prospecting skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Experience in the Following a Plus:
- Ability to understand and interpret technical product requirements.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Experience with CRM systems (preferably HubSpot) and ZoomInfo.
Desired Soft Skills:
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to build relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Continuous improvement mindset and motivation for self-development.
- Ability to pivot as priorities shift.