(10-01338) COMPUTER SCIENTIST - ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - MANUFACTURING ROBOTICS
Posted on 04/25/2022
San Antonio, Texas
Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- Join the Manufacturing and Robotics Technology Department to contribute to building advanced capabilities, technologies, and solutions in the field of industrial robotics and automation that solve real-world challenges faced by our customers.
- Support software development, controls, algorithm development and implementation, and hardware integration on industrial robots, co-bots, and automation control hardware. Learn from some of the brightest minds in industrial robotics.
- This software centric role includes use of ROS/ROS-Industrial to create unique solutions that can be applied to a variety of applications. Includes spec/programming and use of micro-controllers and/or RTOS platforms to realize functionality.
- Activities will include work primarily at SwRI facilities/laboratories; meetings as well as deployment efforts may occur at commercial and government client facilities.
- See our other openings (Sr. Research, Lead, Principal) for opportunities for those with more experience.
- Visit https://robotics.swri.org to learn about some of the work we do!
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Conceive, develop, and deploy robotic and automation software solutions for advanced manufacturing applications and perception-driven solutions.
- Design, build, debug and implement robotic and automation solutions.
- Develop and test advanced software solutions for manufacturing and industrial processes and technologies.
- Assist in preparing proposals and cost estimates. Interact with customers to promote new business and develop technical requirements.
- Work with robotic tasks and capabilities including object detection, pose generation, motion planning, grasping, machine vision, and integration and testing.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Must have demonstrated project work using C++ or python
- Machine Vision, Perception, Machine Learning, Path Planning, and Localization skills or interest in learning these skills
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Intelligent Systems home page.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Requires a Bachelors or a Masters with a 3.25 GPA in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science or similar
- 0-5 years: Must, at a minimum, have robotics experience in the form of projects, previous employment, or coursework
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT, INDIVIDUALS MUST SUBMIT AN ONLINE APPLICATION.
PLEASE USE THIS LINK BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace