Controls Engineer Manager
Posted on 04/22/2021
The Controls Engineer Manager is responsible for all Controls Engineers, electricians and projects. This role assists with the successful management of the engineering programs as they relate to cost, quality, safety, timing and customer satisfaction. This role is key to the development of the Controls department through leadership, mentoring and training of Controls Engineers.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
· Build custom control panels
· Proficiency in wiring complex machines.
· Collaborate with machine builders, controls engineers and mechanical engineers to create solutions to unique customer challenges
· Assemble equipment according to approved design and customer specifications
· Communicate with Project Manager regarding open issues and progress during build process focusing on quality of product at all times
· Effectively troubleshoot wiring and circuits, wire according to NEC, and read/understand and design schematics
· Work well with upper management and eager to take on challenges and work through adversity.
· Responsible for project management of the Controls Assembly and Controls Design Department while providing design and build standards.
· Hiring and firing within these two departments, and build a cohesive and energetic team
· High regard for safety standards and organizational skills
· Travel for install and runoffs with customers (minimal) – primarily manage.
If you're experienced, hardworking, detail oriented, dependable and focused on producing a quality product we may be the place for you. Please email a resume including salary requirements for consideration.
Minimum Education & Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent certificate
· BSEE preferred
· Five (5) years of project management or electrical projects and ten (10) years of hands-on programming/wiring
· Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming
· Robot Programming
· Vision Programming
· Diverse electrical experience, and willing to dig into new products and projects.
· Pneumatic and Electrical DesignBack to All Careers