Mechanical Engineer Manager
Posted on 04/22/2021
The Mechanical Engineer Manager Position will need the ability to communicate with internal groups of different disciplines as well as external customers and primary suppliers. This role is imperative for managing outsourcing of machined details, and working with the Purchasing Manager and Project Administrator.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Keep engineers on track and maintain timing on projects.
o As project timelines are established or fluctuate – this position will be required to manage what each mechanical engineer is working on, including design work that has been subcontracted out.
o Create job books for the assemblers and clearly relate the timing needed.
o Generate drawing updates as needed
o Management of the Mechanical Engineering Department, and Mechanical Design Subcontractors
o Responsible for keeping up with misconduct and poor performance of employees under them and collaborating with President/HR for hiring and firing.
o Reviews of department personnel in a timely manner so that increases can be delivered the first of February.
o Building up in a constructive manner of those that work under you, this is to include additional training if needed. Provide feedback to personnel from customer and correcting issues of particular individuals when necessary
o Maintaining excellent customer relations
If you're experienced, hardworking, detail oriented, dependable and focused on producing a quality product we may be the place for you. Please email a resume including salary requirements for consideration.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
· Excellent communication skills
· Project a positive and “we can” attitude at all times.
· Work closely with our outside design sources for the best quality designs coordinate the means to make sure they are released on time.
· Assisting with machining resource relations for the best price, timing, and most importantly QUALITY.
· Maintaining and conducting a safe work environment.
· Approving or denying vacation requests of the mechanical engineering group.
· Timing of Projects:
Minimum Education & Experience
· Bachelor's Degree (preferred) or equivalent technical experience or degree
· 7-10 years of experience in a related field
· Experience with manufacturing principles
· Experience with SolidWorks & SolidCam
· Engineering Management experienceBack to All Careers