Continuous Improvement Specialist
Bison Gear & Engineering Corp.
Posted on 02/07/2023
3850 Ohio Ave St. Charles, IL 60174
Works directly with all Bison departments to improve current processes and help in the development of new processes. Applies the concepts of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. Utilizes improvement tools to eliminate waste, reduce process variability and improve processes throughout the organization. Works to improve and develop Bison’s policies and programs and assists implementation through training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement tools of Lean Manufacturing (error-proofing, value stream mapping, Single Minute Exchange of Dies, etc.), and Six Sigma (DMIAC). The outcome of these activities will be to reduce waste, cycle time, inventory, and set-up time, as well as improving productivity and quality.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods used in the production of Bison’s products throughout all focused factories. Improve manufacturing performance and reduce cost through innovative reform of existing processes.
- Apply Lean thinking, innovation and lean six sigma best practices at Bison.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct Kaizen improvement events in each area of the facility. Work in conjunction with Focused Factory personnel to promote and recognize their improvement ideas and act as a liaison with other personnel to examine ways to provide the best value to the end customer.
- Confer with vendors to determine production equipment specification and arranges for purchase of machinery, fixtures, tooling, or outside services to be used in manufacturing processes.
- Manage projects in collaboration with personnel throughout the organization.
- Assist department managers in the development of ISO-9000 compliant procedures and processes. Audit processes to observe and confirm compliance to procedures.
- Develop standardized work for production and office processes. Assist in the development of JSA’s and training incorporating manufacturer’s limitations, ergonomic best practices, and safe work considerations.
- Regular and reliable level of attendance.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree. Two or more years’ experience in the practice preferred.
- Analytical ability to evaluate processes and determine methods to improve those processes.
- Familiarity with innovative methods, problem solving techniques, and lean six sigma.
- Ability to write reports business correspondences, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, vendors, and the general public.
- Experience in teaching small to medium size groups of people with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The ability to learn, adapt, and apply new problem-solving tools to address company challenges.
- An understanding of the various departments in Bison and their importance within the company.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word), Adobe DC.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferredBack to All Careers