Posted on 09/21/2022
Council Bluffs, IA
Acieta is hiring for an Automation Specialist to join our Council Bluffs, IA team. The ideal individual in this position will assist the sales force in winning orders by providing quality proposals/contracts that demonstrate our understanding of the customer requirements and puts Acieta in the best position for success. This role includes extensive investigation into the customers’ product(s), their method of manufacturing that product and an understanding of the equipment we offer to make them a more efficient and competitive manufacturer. Solutions must be offered with a keen eye on cost and risk to the customer to help us become selected.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a strong understanding of the products that we offer through periodic training and hands on exposure to the equipment so that its capabilities are well understood.
- Become proficient in the use of engineering tools i.e., AutoCAD 2D and Inventor, Word, Excel, and Salesforce.
- Manage all data for the execution of the application per the agreed upon format i.e., file storage on servers, archival of data etc.
- Be efficient and effective at use of standard forms for proposals and costing.
- Provide detailed sequence of operations with timing estimates; making sure all necessary information about an application has been obtained to provide accurate proposals. This will sometimes require “pulling” information out of a customer (many customers may not have any experience with automation and not know what critical information is and what is not). Must be able to make and document reasonable assumptions when information is not available.
- Work with third party vendors to spec out equipment needed for the application that comply with our internal team’s expectations.
- Be responsive with proposals.
- Make recommendations to improve processes or lower design or manufacturing cost of the company’s products. Contribute by being an active member of assigned teams even after the order has been issued.
- Work with the Team Leader to resolve issues that arise during the execution of an order. Team leaders will handle day-to-day communications with the customer but may need assistance on some issues.
- Carry out other tasks and assignments as requested by the Sales Development manager
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- To successfully complete all duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing Automation: 3 years related experience preferred.
- Mechanical / Electrical Aptitude: Minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Language Skills: Effective communication skills in small and medium size groups.
- Problem Solving Skills: Strong mathematical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Acieta Culture: Understanding and belief in the Acieta culture.
Minimum Education & Experience
ACIETA is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. ACIETA does not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, age, military or veteran status, or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should notify ACIETA’s Human Resources department at email@example.com.Back to All Careers