Field Service Technician II
Posted on 09/06/2022
Remote, United States, see Career page for all locations: https://adaptecsolutions.com/careers/
Adaptec Solutions is a full-service provider of automation and material handling solutions with lifecycle service capabilities for distribution/warehousing and manufacturing customers in the U.S.
Responsible for installation, repair and inspections of conveyors, hoists & cranes and other material handling equipment as required.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Efficiently track a conveyor belt.
- Troubleshoot issues, identify needed parts, identify and perform corrective action on material handling equipment with minimal support from Lead Technician.
- Carry out overall conveyor maintenance on schedule and as required.
- Repair and inspect overhead bridge cranes with minimal support from Lead Technician.
- Use a multi-meter to check fuses, troubleshoot contactors, verify power, troubleshoot 3-phase motors.
- Ability to respond to break down calls 24/7.
- Be able to work 40-60 hour per week or more if needed.
- Act professionally with dignity and respect.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers and any other personnel.
- Work independently and conscientiously to complete a job.
- Work within the safety guidelines of customers, Adaptec Solutions and OSHA; always operating by the most stringent of safety protocol.
- Perform installations, preventative maintenance, and field service repair on material handling equipment with minimal support from Lead technician.
- Appropriately document all work performed (i.e., Field Service Reports / inspection and audit forms).
- Perform mechanical work including fabricating, welding, and painting.
- Other duties assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Two (2) year college technical degree in Industrial Maintenance, Electrical Technology, or Mechanical Technology preferred
- Three to ten (3-10) years of millwright/ material handling maintenance experience
- Equivalent military experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and detailed repair drawings related to material handling equipment
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Must possess strong welding skills
- Must have valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and ability to comply with DOT regulations
As a member of the Adaptec Solutions team you will be eligible to participate in our flexible benefits program which include generous paid time off (PTO), 11 paid company holidays including your birthday, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, short-term/long term disability coverage and basic life/AD&D insurance.
Adaptec Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Back to All Careers