Field Service Engineer
Posted on 09/06/2022
Rochester, NY Painted Post, NY Lexington, NC
Adaptec Solutions is a full-service provider of automation and material handling solutions with lifecycle service capabilities for distribution/warehousing and manufacturing customers in the U.S.
***This is a remote role, the position can be located anywhere across the U.S., preferably within a 2-hour radius of our Rochester, NY, Painted Post, NY or Lexington, NC location, but not required.
Responsible for the general maintenance of robotic automation equipment in a team-based environment.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform preventative maintenance, and field service repair (Electrical & Mechanical) on equipment and robots.
- Provide telephone support (programming and troubleshooting issues) to our customers.
- Provide 24/7 support to our customers on a weekly on-call rotation.
- Appropriately document all work performed (i.e Field Service Reports / Mechanical & Electrical print updates)
- Service, assemble, plumb, wire, and install automation equipment as assigned.
- Edit and load software changes (robot, PLC, HMI) as assigned.
- Perform mechanical work including fabricating and painting.
- Requires travel (up to 50%) for field service work, preventative maintenance visits, equipment installation, troubleshooting, and to provide training.
- Other duties assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) year college technical degree in Automation Maintenance, Electrical Technology, or Mechanical Technology
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience; preferred in an Automation Maintenance or Electrical Technology field
- 5 plus years of Fanuc robot repair and service/installation experience
- Robot programming experience
- PLC or advanced electrical controls experience
- Ability to read electrical & pneumatic prints
- Experience troubleshooting AC and DC circuitry
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB:
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable with regular travel
- Punctuality and great attendance
- Team player
As a member of the Adaptec Solutions team you will be eligible to participate in our flexible benefits program which include generous paid time off (PTO), 11 paid company holidays including your birthday, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, short-term/long term disability coverage and basic life/AD&D insurance.
Adaptec Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Back to All Careers