Posted on 09/06/2022
Painted Post, NY
Adaptec Solutions is a full-service provider of automation and material handling solutions with lifecycle service capabilities for distribution/warehousing and manufacturing customers in the U.S.
Work in a team-based environment to design electrical systems, panel layout and create PLC code based on sequence of operation and customer requirements of automated systems.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create electrical designs for automated systems including, but not limited to, robotics and material handling.
- Create electrical schematics to meet the requirements of the project adhering to company and customer standards.
- Perform engineering analyses and calculations to specify components in adherence to client specifications, applicable industry standards. Including but not limited to, Enclosures, Disconnects, Fuses, Circuit Breakers, Motor Starters, VFDs, PLCs, Remote I/O, Sensor Blocks, Cables, Manifolds, and Networking Materials.
- Specify enclosures to house components and design the backplane layout.
- Create one-line cable diagrams to show cable part numbers and location.
- Export bills of material from AutoCAD to excel for purchasing.
- Work with vendors to obtain quotes and specifications for parts and equipment that meet delivery requirements.
- Initial set up of PLC & HMI Firmware, author, and debug PLC code & Human Machine Interfaces (HMI).
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined teams to develop a complete integrated solution.
- Participate in system risk assessments.
- Resolve design and build problems that may arise during the build & install phases of an automated system.
- Document theory of operation for designed systems.
- Recommend new technologies for solving technical challenges.
- Stay current with emerging technologies relating to automated systems.
- Continue to develop a broad base of engineering skills in support of overall organizational growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering and three to five years of experience, required.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB:
- Software Applications Required
- AutoCAD Electrical
- AutoCAD Mechanical
- Microsoft 365
- Rockwell Studio 5000
- Rockwell FactoryTalk
- Software Applications Desired
- Hytrol EZLogic
- Siemens TIA Portal
- Fanuc Programs: Handling Tool, Pallet tool, DCS
- Knowledge of National Electric Codes, (NFPA 79) and Robot Industry Standards RIA15.06.
- Knowledge of pneumatic systems design and documentation.
- Ability to read electrical & pneumatic schematics.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable to work independently and as a team.
- Including ability to set and manage multiple priorities, and to set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and data files.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact with diverse internal and external groups.
As a member of the Adaptec Solutions team you will be eligible to participate in our flexible benefits program which include generous paid time off (PTO), 11 paid company holidays including your birthday, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, short-term/long term disability coverage and basic life/AD&D insurance.
Adaptec Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Back to All Careers