Posted on 09/06/2022
Rochester, NY Painted Post, NY Memphis, TN
Adaptec Solutions is a full-service provider of automation and material handling solutions with lifecycle service capabilities for distribution/warehousing and manufacturing customers in the U.S.
Perform processes to assemble and wire prototypes, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment mechanisms, and robotic automation equipment per factory standards and job specifications utilizing fundamental engineering principles, theories, and techniques. Recommend improvements to function and to ease the installation process. The position reports to the Lead Technician and will be required to take direction from project leaders, including Project Managers, automation technicians assigned as project technician leads and other Adaptec managers/leaders.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to design, build, and wire electrical panels using various hand and power tools and measurement instruments at varying voltages.
- Test and debug equipment as required to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient operation.
- Perform mechanical work including fabricating, painting, cutting, drilling, tapping and assembly.
- Travel to job site to assist with installation, perform preventable maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical and electronic equipment. Maintain technical knowledge.
- Appropriately document all work performed (i.e., field service reports/mechanical & electrical print updates). Provide technical assistance to operators and supervisors on mechanical, electrical, electronic, and pneumatic problems.
- Ensure timekeeping in Paylocity is entered correctly and in accordance with Adaptec requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Vocational or technical training in the electrical/mechanical field preferred.
- Ability to read electrical & pneumatic prints.
- Valid drivers license required to travel to customer locations.
- Ability to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB
- Strong mechanical & electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of plumbing systems design and documentation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to read plans, specifications, and schematics.
- Demonstrates organizational and project management skills, including the ability to set and manage multiple priorities, and to set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and data files.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact with diverse internal and external groups.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and industry-related technical instructions and specifications in mathematical or diagram form to understand and define product requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Computer knowledge including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, AND SOFTWARE USED
Basic Equipment and Machinery: This position requires the regular use of a computer, printer, copier, fax machine, telephone, various hand and power tools, forklift, pallet jack, meters, test equipment, and grinder. Ability to wear safety glasses.
Computer Software: Microsoft Office, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle, feel, reach, push, pull, lift, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb, balance, and perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists.
- Ability to exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Close mental and visual attention required for controlling machines or processes at a rapid pace requiring close coordination and fine adjustment.
- Most work performed in a typical manufacturing/production environment. However, the employee could be subject to adverse environmental conditions such as: noise, vibration, occupational hazards (moving mechanical parts), fumes, odors, dust, and oils when traveling to customer locations.
As a member of the Adaptec Solutions team you will be eligible to participate in our flexible benefits program which include generous paid time off (PTO), 11 paid company holidays including your birthday, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, short-term/long term disability coverage and basic life/AD&D insurance.
Adaptec Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Back to All Careers