Posted on 09/06/2022
Adaptec Solutions is a full-service provider of automation and material handling solutions with lifecycle service capabilities for distribution/warehousing and manufacturing customers in the U.S.
The Control Systems Engineer is responsible for the design and integration of electrical control systems for conveyors, robotics, and other automated industrial systems.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Author/Edit PLC, robot and/or various other controls programming for standard products and custom equipment to meet desired results
- Work closely with project manager and customer from quote preparation to project runoff.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined teams to develop a complete integrated solution.
- Participate in design approval and risk assessments
- Develop application processes to deliver desired results
- Participate in quality audits
- Participate in installation and start up activities.
- Perform engineering analyses and calculations to size system components and equipment in adherence to client specifications, applicable industry standards.
- Prepare customer documentation including operations and maintenance manuals.
- Document theory of operation for designed systems
- Recommend new technologies for solving technical challenges
- Stay current with emerging technologies relating to automated systems
- Continue to develop a broad base of engineering skills in support of overall organizational growth
- Travel to customer and supplier locations as necessary
- Support Service Department with programming, process and troubleshooting needs.
- Provide customer training both at Adaptec Solutions and on-site at customer facilities.
- Adhere to company standards and processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology field or equivalent experience required.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Programming/ Software Requirements
- High-level proficiency in using Rockwell Automation software, including but not limited to Studio 5000, RS Logix 5000, and FactoryTalk View Studio ME.
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD LT.
- High-level knowledge and understanding in the use of the Microsoft Office product suite.
- Programming Other – Not required, but highly sought-after skills:
- Experience with Fanuc Handling Tool, Fanuc Roboguide
- Other PLC experience including Siemens, Omron, GE, Automation Direct, etc.
- Experience in using SCADA/HMI software such as FactoryTalk View SE, Wonderware, or Ignition
- Autodesk Inventor
- AutoCAD Electrical
- Structured Programming Languages (C++, Java, .Net, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of Industrial communication including but not limited to Ethernet/IP, IO-Link, or Serial
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of UL, NEC, and NFPA 70E
- OHSA standards
- Knowledge of pneumatic systems design and documentation
- Experience designing and building control systems (PLC, HMI, VFDs, Panel design, Electrical schematics, electrical equipment layouts, Hardware specs, Peripheral communications, and Network topography) from concept to completion
- Energetic “can do” attitude
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Ability to read electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working independently and as a team
- Possesses the ability to set and manage multiple priorities, and to set/meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain accurate records and data files
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
As a member of the Adaptec Solutions team you will be eligible to participate in our flexible benefits program which include generous paid time off (PTO), 11 paid company holidays including your birthday, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, short-term/long term disability coverage and basic life/AD&D insurance.
Adaptec Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Back to All Careers