Posted on 01/16/2024
North Canton, Ohio
The Outside Sales Representative will sell company products and services by making regular sales contacts with established and prospective customers.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Builds and maintains a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
- Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
- Maintains communication with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
- Maintains detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, lost business, and any customer or vendor relationship problems.
- Provides periodic territory sales forecasts.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders and talks with customers by phone.
- Demonstrates product and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Provides accurate estimates of date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of own Company’s production and delivery schedules and/or estimates by production department.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales representatives
- Attends trade shows.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
·Written communication skills – Writing must be concise, organized and clear
·Verbal Communication skills - Convey ideas persuasively; either speaking spontaneously or in a prepared presentation
·Data skills: Correcting, Analyzing, Comparing, Evaluating, Computing, Reporting and Coordinating, ability to organize/work with large amounts of data
·Highly skilled with people: Helping, Communicating, Serving, Negotiating
·Ability to work with cross-functional teams
·Ability to work independently
·Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
·Motivated and results-driven
·Team player that relates and works well with customers and employees
·Readily adjusts to rapid changes in technology, products and the marketplace
·Demonstrates business acumen and understands value-based selling
·Basic skills in computer operations and mathematical calculations
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Sales, Business, or related field; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.