Posted on 08/24/2021
Council Bluffs, IA
This position will be responsible for the mechanical design of robotic automation systems.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Design robotic automation projects within defined time frame and budget allowance by performing the following duties.
- Evaluate project definition and formulate conceptual design and technical requirements. Analyze projects for technical feasibility regarding engineering, manufacturability, and cost implications. Draw on personal technical expertise to assist personnel in accomplishing project commitments. Experience in designing and sizing complex mechanical components, assemblies, and robots.
- Perform mechanical design of robotic cells. This includes detailed design of cell components, as well as overall cell layout.s.
- Assist with preparation of proposals and quotations to represent realistic expectations of the capabilities and the profitability goals of Acieta.s.
- Lead meeting consistent with company procedures for design evaluation, design/drawing releases, project status, and project kick-off. Modify schedules or plans required to maintain required goals within reasonable limits.s.
- Other duties as assigned.s.
- Must adhere to company core values:
Positive Attitude - We are fix focused, no excuses, and lead by example
Passion / Hunger - A relentless pursuit for excellence
Ownership - It is my responsibility; I will get it done
Trustworthy - Our commitment is our bond
Customer First - We think of the customer as ourselvess.
Do you have all these abilities? If you do, GREAT, if not and want to increase your skillset, we can teach you. Experience can sometimes be the greatest teacher. Plus, the opportunity to learn so much more.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
What’s in it for you?
Be Part of an Organization that Works with Cool Stuff
- You get to work with robots! Need we say more?!?! But we will. Acieta concepts, designs, builds, programs and supports custom solutions for a lot of different industries. We are always looking at how we can improve customer efficiencies with the latest technologies and implement it into our designs. Which means you’ll get to work on a lot more than just robots.
Hate staring at the same 4 walls everyday?
- Well, lucky for you, you’ll get to go to many different customer sites so your “office” changes often. Most days you’ll get to see the countryside by driving to customers, but some days you’ll get to see it from 30,000ft up as you fly to different customer locations!
How It's Made
- Ever seen the show? Well, you’ll get to live it! With this opportunity, you’ll spend a lot of time at customer locations and get to see first-hand how things are manufactured…many of which are produced with Acieta-designed systems that YOU could have programmed!
Be Part of an Awesome Team!
- Acieta Service is a tight group and will never leave you hanging. We’ve worked hard to build a trust-centric collaborative environment. Got a question, or wanna bounce an idea off someone? We’re all connected and excited to help. Your success is our success.
- Wanna learn more? Acieta wants to see you grow, you’ll have opportunities to become FANUC Master Certified as well as access to many other training opportunities.
So, You're Looking for a Career?
- Great! We’re looking for team members that are in it for the long haul too! Acieta has been in business for 38 years; and we plan to be around for at least another 38 years!
- We want you to feel like you can call us anytime you need us, so we’ll provide you with a phone.
- You’ll receive your own computer.
Personal Time Off
- Need a vacation, or feeling sick, or just need a day to off get some stuff done? We have a PTO program that allows just that.
- Aside from health insurance we also offer dental, vision and supplemental insurance.
- Health Savings Account
- We offer an HSA to help pay medical bills.
- Not everyone wants to work forever, so for those of us who hope to retire someday, we provide a company sponsored 401k program. We’ll even help contribute to it!
- Above and beyond your 40-hour salary, you are eligible for paid overtime.
- Based on experience and how much you want to work. Starting at $55K and up.
Minimum Education & Experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Manufacturing Engineering and Applied Engineering Degrees considered.
- Proficiency in AutoDesk AutoCAD and Soldiworks. Experience with other 3D and 2D CAD software considered.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of mechanical design in the robotics or automation industry.
- Experience in designing systems that utilize many different pieces of equipment
- Experience in MS Excel.
- Manufacturing or Machine Tool Load/Unload experience; including work holding and fixturing a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.