Field Service Engineer
Posted on 08/02/2022
Auburn Hills, MI, USA
As a Field Service – Controls & Robotics Engineer you will test, repair and upgrade JR Automation systems at customer locations. Our Field Service team is dedicated to keeping our customers out in front of the rapid and unpredictable updates in technology. JR Automation drives change by learning and innovating faster than anyone else. You will help keep our custom automated equipment running in every application, process, and industry you never thought possible.
What You’ll Do:
- Use knowledge of electrical circuits, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller), HMIs (Human Machine Interface), robot programming?to repair, upgrade, or correct existing automation systems
- Analyze customer-supplied information/ electrical drawings, PLC and or Robot program(s) to determine the root cause of system errors or downtime.
- Build, repair and test products to ensure equipment meets JR Automation requirements and specifications.
- Assist Project engineers with setup, startup, testing and debug of JR Automation products and automated systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance as requested by the customer to ensure minimum down-time and optimal operation of machines and equipment.
- Utilize industrial safety practices to ensure proper functionality of products.
- Complete industry analysis to ensure that Esys products and services continue to be the benchmark for the industry.
- Utilize engineering knowledge to effectively communicate with customers and suppliers.
- Assess client needs and implement engineering tasks and projects as a solution to the client's needs.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience programming Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Human/Machine Interfaces (HMI) using Allen Bradley or Siemens software.
- OR?2+ years programming any of the following types of robots: ABB, Fanuc, Kuka.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Experience with machine vision applications (Cognex, Keyance, etc.), machine commissioning, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Electronic Repair / PCB Design or Troubleshooting.
- Experience Soldering Discreet Component or Surface Mount.
- VFDs (Variable Frequency Drive), servo applications and Device communication networks (DNET, ENET, and Profibus).?
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Eplan.
- Experience with Micro Controller Programming, Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) Systems, and Robot Interfacing.
- Experience with Dispensing systems,?urethane, LASD, seam sealing, Powertrain Applications, and or Body Shop Applications.
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 50% of time
- This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!
Back to All Careers