Applications / Quoting Engineer
Posted on 08/02/2022
Auburn Hills, MI, USA
As an Applications/Quoting Engineer, you will work alongside a team of automation experts. Together you will develop an accurate budget and project quote outlining key concept points, sequence of operations and mechanical descriptions to ultimately create custom, innovative and integrated solutions. This is a role for a creative engineer that enjoys customer interaction and solving problems. The innovative solutions we work on offer diverse experiences that will strengthen your skills and challenge your abilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Interact with customers throughout requirements definition, concept generation, cost development, and presentation of the proposal Develop a comprehensive quote package that addresses all customer requirements
- Identify costs related to labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Develop and build knowledge of OEM specifications and process knowledge in Dispense / Paint, Press & Polymers, Powertrain and BiW
- Prepare process analysis, concept generation, cycle time analysis and develop alternate process solutions
- Collaborate with the functional sales and management teams to ensure technical alignment
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- A mechanical or controls engineering degree or a technical college diploma or a technical trade certification and/or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in estimating
- Previous successful project awards, due to correctly interpreting customers work scopes, determining inclusions & competitive pricing
Skills You’ll Have:
- Experience in quoting, sales, and/or customer interaction
- Familiarity with Electrical & Pneumatic controls design
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical design drawings
- Utilize extensive industrial knowledge and effectively working with project teams and customers to design and estimate complete systems
- Ability to identify and quantify cost factors, such as time, materials, expenses, tooling, etc.
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 20%
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!Back to All Careers