Robotic Regulation and Compliance Engineer
Posted on 09/28/2021
Vecna Robotics seeks a Robotic Regulation and Compliance Engineer to develop mitigation strategies and safety solutions for our autonomous robotic platforms.
The Robotic Regulation and Compliance Engineer will work across the hardware division to not only design and test but maintain a variety of platforms used in warehouse automation. This role is integral in the design of products that meet our industry’s safety standards, satisfy our customers’ safety expectations, and allow us to implement efficient solutions that provide a significant return on investment to our customers. In this position, you will work with a diverse, kind team dedicated to making a real-world impact using advanced, creative technologies. Reporting to the Director of Hardware, this is a full-time, salaried position and with great benefits. This role is based in Waltham, MA.
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous materials handling robots and orchestration software for warehousing, distribution, and manufacturing. Our technology is designed to work seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible pallet moves in dynamic environments. As a growing market leader for collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and approach problem solving with a customer-centric point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, enthusiasm, and learning. We aim to work smarter, learn faster, live safer.
We also have fun at work. Yes, we solve hard problems, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We also laugh a lot—it’s part of what helps us as we work together to find solutions. Come join a group of people who genuinely like working together, support each other’s personal growth, do lots of interesting things outside of work, and seek to build great products together. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We actively encourage and celebrate diversity.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct Risk Analysis for our platforms and prescribe solutions to bridge the gaps.
- Design safety solutions for our AGV (automatous guided vehicle) products.
- Design test procedures to validate our products’ continuous safety.
- Design, support, and maintain processes to ensure adherence to safety practices from the initial product prototyping to customer deployment.
- Proactively suggest improvements, solve problems, and escalate risks.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Help build the smartest, safest robots in the world.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Minimum Education & Experience
- A strong engineering background
- Knowledge of applicable safety-related standards including:
- ANSI/ITSDF B56.5
- ANSI/RIA R15.08
- ISO 13849-1
- Experience evaluating safety in the context of ISO 13849-1 and with the relevant tools used (e.g., SISTEMA)
- Industry experience applying safety standards to production products and processes
- Experience advocating for safety during product development across multiple engineering disciplines
- Experience with existing commercial, off-the-shelf PLd safety sensors and systems—specifically SICK safety scanners for mobile applications