Marketing Event Manager
Posted on 08/04/2021
Work with Director of Marketing and Product Management to drive marketing programs and events, develop event strategy and objectives, as well as spearhead initiatives to meet objectives based on lead generation, customer advocacy, and more. The Marketing Event Manager will proactively seek and execute opportunities in customer facing virtual and physical events. Work extensively within Marketing and with other departments on driving deadlines and oversee project execution from concept to completion.
As part of a small, dynamic team of qualified individuals (who each wear multiple hats) the candidate will be able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Are you self-motivated, flexible, extremely organized, detail-oriented, tenacious yet tactful, confident and diplomatic in dealing with competing departmental objectives and varied personalities, a strong problem solver, who is able to work well under pressure in order to meet project deadlines with a positive attitude? Bring your passion for event marketing to Radiant, it will be a brilliant step for your career!
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, execute and support onsite and offsite events and promotions, including post analysis and review. Continue to improve processes, which promote the overall marketing goals and objectives.
- Oversee the planning of events such as tradeshows, training, presentations, and seminars.
- Own and maintain the 12-month event calendar and planning process
- Propose, maintain, and reconcile event budgets
- Proactively seeking out new events and activation ideas that support the marketing mission & vision
- Recommend, identify, and secure appropriate resources for each event such as venue, staff, accommodations, registration, tools and supplies, AV & catering
- Work with sales, product management and engineering to plan product demonstrations
- Plan, design and work with vendor(s) to construct and maintain booth assets
- Expand promotional opportunities for all events.
- Develop messaging and design elements for the event
- Work with marketing communications team to create event landing pages, emails and content updates
- Manage events-related tasks, including project planning timelines, communications, budgets, staffing plan, catering orders, as well as registration tracking.
- Manage contract process for event-related legal and financial contracts
- Manage logistics and administrative tasks, to execute projects effectively and successfully
- Oversee inventory maintenance of all event supplies and equipment
- Serve as liaison to event coordinators outside US, e.g., China or Korea
- Act as a Marketing liaison at all national, regional, and local events; Travel to key event locations to build/strengthen relationships and evaluate event success
- Gather, update, and create regular reports of post-event metrics to share with business unit stakeholders, track progress and compare to benchmarks.
- Develop evaluation measures to gauge the success and effectiveness of each event
- Analyze event operations and prepare and implement recommendations for improving operational efficiencies within events
- Collaborate with demo-pool coordinator to acquire and manage imaging cameras, lenses, fixtures and other equipment needed for demonstrations.
- Manage collateral and marketing supplies to ensure adequate quantities and delivery to events.
- Perform necessary administrative functions related to events and marketing.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Creative thinking skills and ability to brainstorm with a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to tight deadlines
- Must possess confidence in communication and be outgoing and comfortable working with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Ability to interact effectively with different personality styles and with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to stay focused and work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to lead and drive projects in cooperation with multiple teams
- Must be accountable for the success of event projects
- Solutions and results oriented
- Detail oriented and strong follow-through
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving capability
- Proven ability to manage a budget with focus on efficiency, effectiveness and cost control
- Ability and willingness to travel (<25%) and work outside traditional business hours based on event schedules. Primarily this would support national and possible international events as needed
Minimum Education & Experience
- BA in marketing, business or related degree
- 3-5+ years of end-to-end marketing and event experience in relevant industries