Posted on 07/28/2022
Hillsboro, Oregon, US
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information
Hillsboro, OR / Analytical Instruments Group - Materials & Structural Analysis Division
Our Analytical Instruments Group offers customers in research, academic, industrial and applied markets a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software and services. Within this group, our Materials & Structural Analysis Division designs, manu¬factures, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Our research combines hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, FTIR, NIR, NMR UV/VIS and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sci¬ences, electronics, and natural resources markets.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
How will you make an impact?
With your broad knowledge of full system software development (from embedded systems to customer applications and APIs), you will work with a distributed team of developers and collaborators in the United States and Europe to develop electron microscope products.
What will you do?
• Collaborate with team members, partners, and customers to define software requirements, architectural designs, and software solutions
• Identify and prioritize technical risks and impediments
• Ensure delivered software is robust, secure, configurable, maintainable, and fully tested
• Discuss technical issues with specialists from various subject areas including software, hardware, data acquisition, mechanics, optics, and network communications
• Lead software technical reviews and resolve software issues
• Define software integration and testing strategies that are performed in an automated environment
Minimum Education & Experience
How will you get here?
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related technical discipline; Master of Science degree may be substituted for some years of experience
• 6+ years demonstrated ability in software development, architectural design, and leadership in the high-tech industry
• Experience with both Windows and Linux software development
• Skilled with C++, microservices, and REST API development
• Comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum development environment across time zones
• Experience in Test Driven Development and related practices
• Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic approach (flexibility)
• Solid technical expertise with the passion to craft and deliver excellent products and desire to delight customers
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Ability to dive into a multidisciplinary environment and come up to speed quickly on technologies
• Knowledge or hands on experience with electron microscopes is a plus
• Excellent problem-solving abilities
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
This position has been approved for relocation assistance.
If interested, please go to https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/job/212037BR/Software-Architect and apply.Back to All Careers