Posted on 07/20/2021
The IT Manager is responsible for organizing, planning, directing, and controlling all the Company’s information systems, including business systems and programming, computer, internet, and network operations, phone operations and related vendor relationships. In this position, you will be the IT expert with in-depth understanding of our systems and how they speak to each other. You will work to build the IT function where necessary and determine what resources may be required. Responsible for best practices, user training, supervision, and champion continual improvement for our IT infrastructure. This position offers an opportunity to make a significant impact on the organization.
As a hands-on technical expert, you will be responsible for future technological innovations and the development and implementation of the Company’s IT strategic plan. As an IT Leader within the company, you will work with departments across the organization to identify business requirements, direct efforts of operators to install, modify, enhance, and customize operating systems, including budgeting, process development and execution. Your focus on engagement and collaboration will help drive effective relationships across the company.
You will also be responsible for managing and directing the technical support of the Company’s computer platforms, including building, supporting, and continuously improving the company’s ERP and CRM infrastructure. This role requires a hands-on developer/analyst who possesses both the vision to map solutions to business needs and the technical expertise to implement these solutions.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures the implementation of cost effective and efficient systems and computer operations designed to meet current and future business needs.
- Responsible for purchasing of both hardware and software assets as needs arise across the company.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of IT day to day support along with management of outside vendor support.
- Assists leadership with long and short term IT planning. Develops a total strategy and direction for the Company’s electronic processing functions.
- Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals which further strategic objectives.
- Under the direction of Senior Management, controls the budgets for system hardware and software, hardware maintenance, and technical support education and training.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively managing and directing the technical support of the Company’s computer systems.
- Analyzes business functions and management information needs and seeks new and more effective system solutions.
- Ensures IT systems are secure, properly backed-up, and appropriately documented. Responsible for all IT security controls as well and incident reporting to management and appropriate parties.
- Plans, documents, and implements a business recovery strategy to resume operations of computer platforms in the event of a disaster or similar contingency. Executes on established goals and ensures corporate-wide goals are complemented and supported.
- Ensures equipment, peripheral devices, and software are set up and operated in accordance with prescribed instructions. Researches and recommends equipment, software, and system updates.
- Ensures systems operations are performed in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures. Continually evaluates established policies and procedures and updates or modifies, as necessary.
- Provides leadership to external IT support (vendor) and department cross-collaborators through effective goal setting, delegation, and communication. Directs, schedules, and coordinates Department functions ensuring optimal performance.
- Ensures vendors and employees are well trained, effective, and systems optimally used. Provides regular instruction on procedure and program changes.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relations are established and maintained with clients, vendors, trade professionals, etc.
- Ensures questions and concerns are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Maintains and improves required processes and procedures to comply with customer confidential information policies. Ensures the Company’s professional reputation and appropriate levels of confidentiality are maintained.
- Acts as a consultant and resource to users. Advises and assists Department Managers with their IT service needs. Ensures programs meet users’ requirements and are completed on schedule. Provides assistance, support, and training to users as required.
- Keeps Senior Management informed of Information Technology, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems.
- Completes special Information Technology projects and research studies as required.
- Analyzes business functions and management information needs and seeks new and more effective programming solutions.
- Prepares program test data, analyzes test results, and specifies data control procedures for modified and enhanced programs.
- Ensures programming operations are performed in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a detailed functional knowledge of CRM and ERP Systems
- Work with stakeholders to develop and execute on strategic initiatives around the CRM and ERP systems
- Develop and maintain an expert knowledge of relevant business processes; achieve a comprehensive understanding of the end-to-end workflow
- Define and implement process to streamline the integration of CRM and ERP
- Be involved with the implementation of new modules for CRM such as marketing automation, quality, and support initiatives.
- Analyze and report on KPIs; Create dashboards for the business to drive change and see KPI’s.
- Control and support all key IT and technology initiatives for US and Asia, including development and management of IT policy documentation and updates.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- ERP development experience, preferably Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
- CRM development and management experience, preferably Microsoft Dynamic useful but not necessary
- Experience with SQL platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in requirements gathering and development
- Strong experience with systems analysis and functional design
- Knowledge of computer and telecommunications equipment
- Understanding of Company operations and information needs
- Advanced analytical/technical knowledge pertaining to decision analysis and financial/budget administration
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Solid project management, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Creative and self-motivated, with a proven track record of success – both as an individual contributor and as a team member
- Has ability to effectively support vendors and potential employee as IT needs grow
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years’ experience as an IT Manager supporting operational business applications