Posted on 08/02/2022
102 Jordan Dr, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Dressler Automation Corp is using advanced automation to positively influence work processes and environments to make the most effective use of resources and experiences. We create and maintain customer-specific manufacturing standards.
We are looking for experienced Controls Engineers who are able to perform a wide range of manufacturing assignments.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, programming, testing, and start-up of PLC-based automation systems.
- Design, writing, implementation, testing, and documentation of PLC/HMI control software and structure.
- Perform, install, operate, troubleshoot, service, upgrades, failure analysis, spare parts, and reliability.
- Define, develop, and implement the required interfaces for customer sites.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Required: Experience with Siemens Step 7 classic and TIA-Portal V15 or higher, WinCC, WinCC Flex.
- Understanding of industrial communication protocols and interfaces such as Profinet, Ethernet/IP, TCP/IP.
- Advanced knowledge of virtual commissioning. (Example: WinMod)
- Ability to read schematic drawings.
- Strong, effective communication skills.
- Ability to analyze engineering problems and develop creative solutions.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining progress toward completing overall goal.
- Able to prioritize tasks to meet critical deadlines with little supervision.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Must be able to manage personal schedule to accommodate work demands.
- Willingness to travel.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Proficient with the following system is required: Siemens TIA Portal.
- Nice to have, but not required: Allen Bradley, Phoenix, Rockwell, Omron or Scada.