Posted on 09/03/2021
The Testing Project Engineer will be responsible for developing, updating, and improving documentation and procedures, as well as providing on-going support for all testing operations at Harmonic Drive, LLC. This role requires engineering knowledge and project management, collaboration, and communication skills within a team and across departments.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Able to learn and understand testing operations and required equipment.
- Review and refine existing procedures related to testing.
- Propose and develop new procedures, work instructions, and specifications related to testing.
- Serve as communication link between all departments involved with testing.
- Document deviations and changes relating to testing and test equipment.
- Assist in troubleshooting and root cause investigations.
- Organize tasks and ensure follow-through with team members.
- Review and organize testing programs and data.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Engineering knowledge.
- Documentation writing.
- Project management.
- Microsoft Office programs.
- Data analysis.
- Communication skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Document Control preferred.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, and/or 5S preferred.
- Familiarity with testing and inspection using electromechanical systems and/or automated equipment.
- Familiarity with CAD software such as SolidWorks and GD&T.
- Familiarity with LabView and/or programming.
Minimum Education & Experience
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience writing engineering documentation and procedures.