Sr. Project Engineer
Posted on 06/13/2022
Dalton, MA, USA
Crane Currency is looking to fill a Project Engineer Job, and if you have the right skills this is a wonderful opportunity to join our Dalton, MA Engineering team!
You would be accountable for the planning, design, estimating, budgeting, scheduling, and supervision of projects related to New Product development. Other responsibilities include assisting Managers with manufacturing issues and concerns, upgrades to existing systems and design and project management of new systems. You would be managing projects ranging from basic to complex systems for pulp, paper, and security feature production at all Crane Currency facilities.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full responsibility of assigned projects from inception to completion
- Design, plan, estimate, prepare/submit budgets, initiate projects, schedule and supervise equipment installations
- Provide support to R&D, Manufacturing, Process Control, and Maintenance groups
- In a managerial capacity, direct or assist Jr. Engineers, Maintenance personnel and contracted labor ensuring project completion and adherence of all company and OSHA standards
- Coordinate the scheduling of installations and construction with manufacturing supervision, maintenance supervision, suppliers, contractors, and other departments.
- Regularly update Manufacturing and Engineering Management on project progress, including financial updates and project timeline
- Follow through with Manufacturing to ensure that equipment is performing satisfactorily
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Detailed knowledge of the pulp and paper making process and associated equipment, a plus
- Finishing room Sheeter knowledge, a plus
- Experience with Continuous Improvement, Lean Six Sigma and 5S
- Experience as a Project Manager of engineering projects involving multiple disciplines, preferably in a paper making environment
- Strong understanding of Machine Design including but not limited to power transmission, linkages and levers, basic machining practice
- Familiarity with electrical and process components and design
- Knowledge and experience in AutoCAD
- Ability to create designs and layouts from initial concepts and/or existing designs utilizing AutoCAD
- Proven ability to prepare and manage budgets
- Ability to generate and evaluate technical specifications
- Must possess solid computer skills with Windows based programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook at a minimum.
- Excellent troubleshooting, fault analysis and problem-solving skills
- Applicants must be United States citizens; the person selected for this position will need to demonstrate Suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match, Bonus and more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com
SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace.
Crane Currency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Back to All Careers