Posted on 11/02/2023
Nashua, NH, USA
Crane Currency, a global supplier of secure, durable bank notes and Micro-Optic security, is looking for a Technical Writer to join our team in Nashua, NH. With over 200 years of history, Crane is a trusted innovator in an exciting industry. If you are experienced in technical writing, which will include creating and revising manuals, guides, and reports, this could be just the job for you! We offer competitive pay, relocation assistance, world-class benefits, 401k match, career development, bonus potential, and much more. Join our growing company and collaborate with our team to protect the integrity of bank notes. Apply now!
Major responsibilities include:
- Write and edit technical documents including reference manuals and product manuals.
- Write and edit procedural documentation such as user guides and manuals.
- Determine the type of publication that will best serve the project requirements.
- Meet with engineers, programmers, and project managers to learn about specific products or processes.
- Research samples to fully understand product.
- Assess the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjust tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding.
- Plan writing processes and set timelines and deadlines.
- Work with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process.
- Gather feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers to improve technical documents.
- 3+ years as Technical Writer or relevant technical role.
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment and writing about technical equipment.
- Experience managing a library of documentation, including storage and organization of documents and change governance.
- Experience with technical writing toolset including standalone object formats as well as on-line formats (graphics, Word, Visio, Excel, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to listen, communicate effectively, and work well with others.
- Ability to maintain focus, perform, and produce results with minimal supervision.
- Experience with documenting Electrical, Mechanical, and Systems engineering is a plus.
- Professional technical writing certification (CTP, CPTC, or similar) is a plus.
- Applicants must be United States citizens and will need to demonstrate Suitability for employment in a Position of Public Trust consistent with our U.S. Government contract requirements.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply:
SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore, it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace
Crane Currency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Back to All Careers